Having problems with Gateway?

1800 127 5489 (Indonesia)
1800 881 918 (Malaysia)
1800 895 6299 (Singapore)
1800 1533 (Vietnam)
1866 350 2237 (Mexico)
+1 800 676 6100 (United States)
+61 130 036 5100 (Australia)
+64 800 223 769 (New Zealand)
+63 23 212 241 (Philippines)
+66 26 854 311 (Thailand)
+54 114 103 4103 (Argentina)
7565 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, California
Canada
5540 McAdam Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1P1

Australia
8 Baywater Drive, Wentworth Point NSW 2127, Australia

New Zealand
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Building A, Millenium Phase II, 600 Great South Road, BEllerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

China
3/F, Metropolitan Headquarters Building, № 168 Tibet Middle Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, 200001

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-02, Level 23, Tower 1, Millennium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Road, Kowloon, HK

India

Level 24, Menara AMBank, № 8, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur

Philippines
Unit 3401, 34th floor, PBCom Tower, Ayala Avenue corner Rufino St., Makati City

Singapore
29, International Business Park, № 01-01, Acer Building, Tower A, Singapore 609923

Taiwan
8th Floor, № 88, Section 1, Xintai 5th Road, Xizhi City, Taipei County.

Thailand
191/62-63 16th Floor CTI Tower, Rachadapised Road, KlongToey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Vietnam
Suite 803, 8th Fl, Petro Vietnam Tower, 1 Le Duan, Dist 1, HCMC, Vietnam

Mexico
Avenida Ejercito Nacional 579, 1st Floor, Colonia Granada, Delegation Miguel Hidalgo, CP 11520, Mexico City

Complaints & Reviews

Poor customer service

I have sent my desktop computer (still under warranty) back to Gateway twice since April. The first time the hard drive crashed - for no explicable reason. They first sent me to Best Buy as they say they have a contract with Best Buy for repairs. Well, Best Buy told me that they are an authorized repair center... but I would have to pay for the work. I did not leave the computer - instead I called back Gateway - who informed me that I was misinformed by the previous rep at Gateway and that Best Buy was right. She escalated my call to the next level. The next rep I spoke with told me that they DO pay for the Best Buy repairs but that for some reason Best Buy has been confused about that. I have to laugh out loud over the confusion regarding Best Buy.

So instead of dealing with Best Buy - Gateway sends me a hard drive - which is also defective. At this point my hands are up in the air so I sent my computer to gateway for warranty repair. What a process - they send you a box that you pack the computer in. Then, because I work for a living I have to wait until a Saturday to take the box to DHL which was supposed to be open and was closed. I finally get the computer to DHL (the next week). NEXT, the computer comes back nearly two weeks later. I now have to wait until a Saturday to go FEDEX to pick up the computer. I get it home and when I finally get some time set it up. I had to call Gateway because the computer still would not boot up -and the tech support had to walk me through the setup process again. All is well - I thought until we realize the internet port is not working... it is now dead. SO, the process starts all over again - Gateway sends the box - I send them the computer - they send it back to me nearly two weeks later - this time a cd is still in the drive (ABCM is written in black marker on the cd). PLUS... I have a continual error message that drive D is full - apparently drive D is a drive that Gateway put on the computer for recovery.

Now, my USB ports don't want to function properly - they won't read any media attached ( portable storage, ipod etc). The computer is thoroughly screwed up. I have had it with Gateway. I'll never buy Gateway again. I'll be calling them today - and complaining - plus I'll be going to the courthouse this week to file a lawsuit... unless they send me a functioning computer - I am done with sending my computer back and forth.

Lastly, someone needs to teach them how to properly package a computer for shipping - both time the packaging was falling apart inside the box when I received it. I am so tired of their poor customer service.

Gateway 420GR - what a hunk of junk!

We purchased our first computer, a Gateway, in 1998. It ran like a top. We were so pleased with it that...

After a year and a half of owning my 46& Plasma TV died!

After a year and a half of owning my 46" Plasma TV is died and is not repairable per DecisionONe. My 3 options are to downgrade to a 42" TV, attempt another repair (which is useless) or WAIT 6 MONTHS FOR A REPLACEMENT. This is absolutely absurd! I kindly asked for a possible upgrade to a 50" and paying the difference - not happening. I asked for a refund and accepting the 42" - not happening. How can this be allowed? This is by far the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. From what I see, Gateway is still very much in business but has left all their Plasma TV owners in the dark. I have no choice but to defer to a lawyer and demand a refund.

• Valerie Nov 29, 2006

GATEWAY 42" Plasma TV purchased 2 1/2 years ago almost to the day developed 1 and sometimes 2 wide vertical black lines about middle of screen. When I called tech support I was told it possibly was a "XR board" at an approximate cost of $200. In addition they could set up a third party non refundable repair for $500. That would include a $200 trip fee, $250 labor fee, and a $50 diagnostic fee. I said thank you and checked in the Seattle area for a local repair. Everyone I talked to would not take the unit because they said GATEWAY wouldn't sell parts to them. I called GATEWAY again to get a "factory authorized" repair person in my area and was told they didn't have any listings. As part of this conversation GATEWAY again mentioned their 3rd party fix - but this time they said to expect about $1300 for a repair.
    I again searched for other repair facilities that would at least look at the unit to determine if it was hopeless. I found TELETRON SERVICES in Seattle. They determined it was a bad "PDP" with the following quote, "if part was available it still would NOT be economical to repair"
    I am now looking into the class action suit -

Gary Anderson
    Redmond, WA.

Jon Ganio Sep 01, 2007

My Gateway 50" plasma TV just stopped working as well. I have only had it two years and of course the warranty has just run out. I get sound but no picture. When I called GATEWAY they said the repair visit only would cost $500 and most likely would cost another $400 to repair the problem but they could not be sure of that until someone came out to look at it.

So it looks like for $900 I can "possibly" get my TV repaired. If there is a class action suit going on I would jump on it. A Plasma TV should last more than two years and then not cast you the price to buy a new one to fix it when something goes wrong.

Jon Ganio
    Seattle, WA

• Ro
    Robert Ellis Apr 08, 2008

My 46" plasma went out (under warranty) digital interface board. It was repaired and the same thing happened 15 mos. later. Got the $500 service call and quote of approx $700 to fix.
    The agent I talked to was so quick with the quote, ( and being the second board for me)I have to ask if this was a common problem with this model/brand.
    The price to repair started @$1200. A new tv price. I'll take the unknown over the known bad product

• Do
    DONNA NEW ORLEANS LA Jul 01, 2008

WE PURCHASED OUR 46" PLASMA DIRECTLY THROUGH GATEWAY AND BEGAN HAVING TROUBLE TURNING IT ON/OFF. WHEN A REPAIRMAN CHECKED IT OUT, HE SAID IT IS A BRAND HE HAS NEVER HEARD OF. IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS AND STILL HE HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY PARTS TO REPAIR. A LOT OF MONEY FOR THE GATEWAY NAME FOR A NO-NAME PRODUCT. GATEWAY HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY NO!! HELP. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER GATEWAY PRODUCT---THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND IT OR THEIR NAME!!!

• Rc
    rcurbsider Jan 26, 2009

any one need another one? im not even going to try mine again it was acting up before i stored it.

Jane True Feb 09, 2011

I have had nothing but trouble with my 42" Gateway Plasma too. No picture, no service and no one else has parts or wants to service it. Had trouble with this TV from the time I bought it. Would NEVER buy another Gateway product. I'd like to see a class action suit against these folks!!!

Jane True
    [email protected]

• St
    Stark Zaback Oct 31, 2018

it was 6pm sunday was trying to get some bread for lunches was rudely told the store was closed then they blocked the produce section.i was just going to get my stuff and go.never treated so rude.i have been a member for 15 years.next year i am going to discontinue my membership

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices