Gap / Ge Money Bank / GAP/GE MONEY BANK

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I had gotten on a papyment plan with the GAP. At that time i was told my account would be handled by GE Money Bank. The funnything was I still recieved GAP statements, but GAP could not process my payments. One time a collection person called for payment. I sugested we set aup a future payment, he ignored my request. Finally GE money bank aparently sold my account to yet another dept who never notifed me of the swith and the possiblity of sending my accounto to WEST ASSETS who turned it over to Hollander LAW firm. If this isn't the best example f passing the buck.... Also they are passing my personal info around with no regard to my privacy. Never sent a warning letter, never told me my account was "sold" I found out by calling myseldf to get my payment plan plan back on track which I have in writing was effetive to 2/08. I am happy to see I am not alone, but as the rep on the phone told me They make mistakes!! When will they be held accountable??? I will not shop at GAP EVER AGAIN!

Jp

Comments

• Aa
      2nd of Apr, 2009

We have had similar experiences. We purchased goods from the Gap Kids and received a bill some months later for $219. owing on a $35.00 purchase. The difference was in accumulated interest charges. Funny thing is, we never signed up for a Gap credit card or account as we do not live in the US and do not receive mail here. The address they had was partially in the US and partially in Canada. To the best of our recollection, we paid the $35. in cash or our own credit card.

We will never buy Gap again. They should seriously overhaul their credit operations. In this economy, their days are numbered.