Galaxia Communications/netspend / $1500 theft

Galaxia Communications/Netspend
My name is Elliott George, I am a deep sea diver and i work offshore in Gulf of Mexico, I have a netspend card because when i got hired i had to have a quick way to have checks deposited to an account and this was the quickest option because i was in between banks. On the 17th of June while i was on shift overnight, (from 12 a.m to 12 p.m) my card account was charged 30 times in the amounts of $50.00 each, totaling $1500.00, i have never heard of this vendor before and have no way anyone could have gotten my card information, i called the netspend customer service line the next day and spoke with a script reader who couldnt speak english well, i spoke with a managaer i advised i didnt make charges and this was not a pin purchase nor did i sign my signature to authorize debit and i demanded to stop payment, i will dispute charges. They told me i had to wait for vendor to collect charges then fax in a dispute letter w/dates of transactions, and the dispute department would contact me in 10 buisness days. On June 19th i faxed in letter, waited ten buisness days, it is now July 29th and i have yet to hear from the dispute deptartment, i have searched Galaxia comm. online and they are in South Korea, have an office in Woodside NY, [protected], the phone just beeps buzy and there is no way to contact, i will go against netspend advice and file police report. i need my money back and will not stop until i get it i work very hard 7 days a week 12-18 hrs a day.

A  21st of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
12/28/2009 cahrged 3x by galaxia. once for17.88 and 2x for 44.70. my banker told me it was used on itunes. did you ever have follow-up? How are they continuing to get away this?
A  26th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too just had 131.00 charged through my debit card (visa) from Galaxia...I also had two more pending charges from iTunes. Needless to say I cancelled my card and sent in my dispute form. I'd love to hear if either of you have had success in getting your money back.
N  11th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had two 74.34 charges from Galaxia. When I called my bank they told me that another internet company had tried that same day to make a charge of $ 3, 200. I'm trying to figure out how they got that card number. I recently switched cell phone carriers and to me that looks suspiciously close in business to ringtones. I switched from Metro PCS to Sprint. Any of you received this Galaxia charges after leaving Metro PCS or starting with Sprint? I know that it may not have anything to do with it but I'm just curious.
N  13th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We too were victims of this company, two transactions for 44.16 on the same day and they have another company that tried to take over $3000 via our bank card, all from Korea..our bank flagged the larger transaction but had to dispute the two smaller ones and it is just a waiting game..best to have your bank investigate and we also have no idea how they got our card information..very frustrating to see how much money they are getting illegally!! Good luck to everyone who has been victims of these jerks!!
A  6th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
WOW! I never expected to see so many ppl with the same problem from this scam freak. $1, 800 and several other smaller transactions later and here I am!!! They tried to bite off more than they could chew and the bank notified us of the larger sum before they posted it. Now its under investigation...hopefully we'll get all of the other monies back too.

We figured we were just hacked while trying to pay bills online... leading me to believe thats where they got his onfo.

According to his bank statement and some online digging... its a place from Seoul Korea, claiming to have office in NY...

(800) 352-4142
6911 Roosevelt Ave
Woodside, NY 11377-2933

Of course when I tried to call the number all I got ws a perpetual busy signal. Obviously the company info is just a front for what they are really doing. I have since copied all of the online info I have found and also all of your complaints from this forum and have taken it to my local police department. Also when the bank saw the list of similar complaints from other people being stolen from they were shocked. Once they realized this wasn't some individual scam situation that many ppl were involved... their whole outlook changed.

We'll see about that... Best of luck to everyone and if anything informative comes my way I'l be sure to share it here.
Pissed in PA...
A  1st of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just recently looked up at my statement, had to call my bank real quick. 4 charges or 41.94 from galaxia and 2 charges for iTunes. WTF?? So my bank had to block future charges til i get a new card. effen jerks!!! go get a life!!!
A  26th of Oct, 2010 by
they got me too! 45.00 twice. Beware!

NetSpend Corporation Logo NetSpend Corporation