Frys.com / they are not honoring their raincheck

On Memorial Day weekend, I went to Frys to look at Samsung ln52a750 TV. It was on sale for 2500. It was a great price, but they were out of stock so I asked for a raincheck. The sales person creates one for me and wrote down the number for me on his card. I asked if I should get a copy and they said there is no need.

1 week later, I call Frys to see if they had the TV in stock and they said no. I asked if my raincheck was still in the system and they said yes. I continue to call week after week to see if TV was in stock and if my raincheck was in system. Each time I was told that it's not in stock yet, but the raincheck was there.

5 weeks later, they said it was in stock so I rushed down to the store. When I get there, all the sales people were busy so I asked someone standing at the central desk they had in the TV section if he could help me. Turned out that he was the manager of that area. I asked if the TV was still in stock and he said yes and it's selling for 2899. I then told him I had a raincheck and gave him the number.

He looks in the system and tells me I don't have a rain check. I asked him to check again since I have called every week for 5 week and was assured that it was there. After pounding on the keyboard for a while, he pulls it up and says the rain check was for 2899. I looked at the computer screen and noticed that the create date for the raincheck was today's date as opposed to Memorial's date. At this point I asked for another person to help me. He went and found the original sales person that gave me the raincheck.

As they were walking back, I see the manager whisper something to the sales person. When the sales person gets back to the computer, I ask him to pull up the raincheck. He said his manager did that and it's for the same price. I told him the one he pulled up had today's date on it and ask him to try again. He refused even though I asked multiple times. He also said if I had a rain check they would have printed me a receipt. The sales person pretty much refused to do anything except saying there was nothing he can do.

I left the store and felt like Frys purposely didn't want to pull up the raincheck because they figured that the TV was a hot item and they were selling like hot cakes at without the discounted price. There is no way that after calling every week for 5 weeks, suddenly the raincheck was not there.

Va

Comments

• Je
      6th of Dec, 2010
    FRYS.com - reebate
    frys electronics
    California

Rebate forms unobtainable from website. Multiple phone calls with extremely long waiting period with NO result.
    Please do not buy from Fry's Electronics, they are scamming people with fake mail-in rebates. Also, extremely poor service.

• Ra
      18th of Nov, 2012
    FRYS.com - Costumer service
    Frys.com
    Frys.com

This store doesn't seem to know what they are doing! I pre orderd a product and it is not until the very day of the release that they realize they didn't order enough of the product to fulfill the orders that were placed two months in advance! Your lack of seriousness and costumer commitment completely sucks!!

• Ss
      17th of Jan, 2015

I had similar situation where they did not honor the rain check for a tv. When I went there, I found customer service to be very unfriendly who routed me to cashier, cashier sent me back to customer service, which sent me to AV department. AV department send me back to customer service.
    Very dissatisfied with Frys, will never buy anything from them again.

• Th
      24th of Jan, 2015

Same here ordered TV online got a confirmation for pickup when went the next day for pickup they could not find my TV. The store was 25 miles from home as it was the only store with the item in stock. They gave me a rain check but till today they will always say the TV is not in stock even though their online stock checker shows it is in stock. No more Fry's just wasted my time and gas. And they don't sell anything at a good price either you can buy any computer parts from newegg.com for atleast 10-20% less.