Menu
Denon Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Denon
reviews & complaints

www.denon.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 5 Reviews

Denon Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Denon at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Denon has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Denon. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Denon reviews & complaints 5

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Denon reviews & complaints

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Denon I bought a fancy AV receiver from Denon's official website on January 31st

I bought a fancy AV receiver from Denon's official website on January 31st. But in mid-April, Denon released a firmware update that, according to them, completely messed up the receiver's functionality. So, on April 22nd, I called their support and they told me that the only solution was to send the receiver to a service center at my own expense and inconvenience. They said that even though their update broke the receiver, it was beyond their 30-day warranty period. I reminded them that they were aware of the problem and that they were the ones who caused it. I told them that it was not fair for me to bear the burden of arranging the logistics and paying for it. A firmware update that breaks an appliance can happen anytime during the receiver's lifespan. The company responsible for the faulty code should take responsibility for as long as they support the device with updates. But they refuse to take responsibility and won't fix the issue in a reasonable way.

W
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Denon I contacted Denon in the beginning of June and told the representative that I didn't have the information on the purchase date

I contacted Denon in the beginning of June and told the representative that I didn't have the information on the purchase date. I informed the representative that I bought the unit through Denon. When the representative came back on the line, he told me that my option was to send the unit to a technician for repair. I specifically asked if they cover the repair and the representative clearly said "yes"! Denon sells expensive products, so I thought this was great service, but I wanted to be sure. I clarified with the representative again, and he once again told me that I have to pay to ship the unit, and Denon will cover the repair as well as the return shipping. After shipping the product, I was told that my unit was not covered. I escalated the issue twice and finally requested a review of my call. They did hear the representative say that it would be covered, but they told me that the representative was making an assumption that my unit was under warranty. I am so upset, and now I'm $50 in just for the cost of shipping! If the representative had told me it was not covered, I would never have shipped the product. Their service is poor as well, and you can tell they all talk with one another before calling back. They have very unethical practices, and I hope they make this right!

R

Denon I bought a Denon AV receiver #avr-x3700h on April 17th

I bought a Denon AV receiver #avr-x3700h on April 17th. But within 60 days, it stopped working. The screen went blank, and I think the *** board is faulty. I called Denon for help on June 14th, and they said the unit was defective. They told me to send it in for repairs, but I have to pay for the shipping myself. It doesn't seem fair to me that the unit broke so quickly, especially since I barely used it. I consider it to be dead on arrival. Just yesterday, on September 21st, I decided to take further action and called Denon again for advice (ticket no. [protected]). Once again, they told me to send it in for repairs. My main issue this whole time is that I don't have a suitable box to ship the item. So I asked them, and this time they suggested buying a box for $27. I agreed to buy the box, and then they said the total cost, including shipping and fees, would be $34 due to taxes. It's really unprofessional to sell a shipping box like this. However, when I checked Denon's website, they advertise refunds within 60 days of purchase. I realized that this unit failed within that timeframe (I bought it directly from Amazon, an authorized Denon dealer). The first person I spoke to could have just refunded my purchase instead. I believe that Denon doesn't want to support their products and doesn't honor their own warranty claims.

Is Denon legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Denon as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Denon stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Denon should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Denon earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Denon achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Denon. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Denon.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Denon website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Denon.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Denon, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Denon website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Denon protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • Complaints Board has received reports that the website may be a possible fraud. To protect yourself, consider using a different website. If you find that the website is indeed fraudulent, report them to us, to help protect other consumers.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Denon. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
L

Denon On 6/06, I bought an Envaya pocket speaker DSB-50BT Black from Denon.com

On 6/06, I bought an Envaya pocket speaker DSB-50BT Black from Denon.com. My sister made the purchase for me, and I reached out to Denon support regarding a complaint. In February 2022, the speaker stopped working. Denon offers a one-year replacement warranty for this product. On 2-07-22, I contacted Denon about the defective item and received Ticket # ***-001109. After several phone calls and emails to Denon support, they informed me that they couldn't replace the item. I requested a supervisor to address the issue, and they explained that they would refund the full cost of the item (once I returned it). Additionally, if I purchased a new identical item at a higher price on their website, they would refund the price difference. This was Ticket # ***-001034. I followed their instructions and ordered a new item at a higher price on their website, with order # *** on February 9, 2022. I sent back the defective item on 2-10-22, and they received it on [protected] with tracking number [protected]. They informed me that it might take up to 30 days to process the refund. In early March 2022, we received a partial refund for the Price Adjustment request for Order ***. The refund was credited back to my sister's charge card. Despite multiple attempts, phone calls, and emails, neither I nor my sister have received the refund for the returned item. They claim to be checking on it but never provide a response. All I want is for the refund to be sent to my sister via check or credited back to her charge card. They haven't given any reason for the delay or problem. This has been ongoing since February.

G

Denon I got a Denon receiver in 2021

I got a Denon receiver in 2021. In October 2022, it stopped working right. I called Denon customer service, and they helped me fix some of the problems, but the receiver still had issues playing audio from the *** through the ARC system. Denon told me to contact the *** manufacturer, so I did, but they couldn't fix it either. Then, the receiver started having other problems, like the sound cutting out when I switched sources or changed channels on the cable box. I paid Best Buy's Geek Squad to try and fix it (they installed it originally), but they couldn't. They suggested I contact Denon for warranty repair or replacement. So, I reached out to Denon and went through troubleshooting steps over the phone again before they had me send the receiver to a third-party repair shop for warranty repairs. There were a lot of issues with Denon and the repair facility not communicating, and I had to give all the information again. Every time I called one of them, they would tell me to contact the other, and then the other would tell me to contact the one. Finally, when the repair facility tested it, they couldn't find the issue, so they sent the receiver back and told me to talk to Denon about a replacement. Denon said that wasn't the process and that their escalation team would contact the repair shop. A few days later, I called the repair shop, and they hadn't heard from Denon. I contacted Denon several more times, but now they want me to go through the long process of reinstalling the receiver and troubleshooting it over the phone again. We already did that at the beginning, and I even paid Best Buy to try and fix it. There's no point in doing it again. They should just replace the receiver instead of making us waste time repeating steps. Denon incident number [protected].

Denon Customer Reviews Overview

Denon is a renowned audio equipment manufacturer that has been in the industry for over a century. With a wide range of products, including receivers, speakers, headphones, and more, Denon has established itself as a leading brand in the audio market.

One of the standout features of Denon products is their exceptional sound quality. Whether you're listening to music, watching movies, or playing games, Denon's audio equipment delivers immersive and crystal-clear sound that enhances your overall experience. The company's commitment to producing high-fidelity audio devices is evident in the positive reviews from customers and experts alike.

Denon's receivers are particularly praised for their versatility and performance. These receivers offer a multitude of connectivity options, allowing you to connect various devices seamlessly. Additionally, they support the latest audio and video technologies, ensuring that you can enjoy your favorite content in the best possible quality. The user-friendly interface and intuitive controls further enhance the overall user experience.

Another aspect that receives accolades in Denon reviews is the build quality and design of their products. Denon takes pride in crafting their devices with premium materials, resulting in a sleek and durable finish. Whether it's their speakers, headphones, or receivers, Denon products are built to last and exude a sense of sophistication.

Denon's commitment to innovation is also evident in their integration of smart features. Many of their products are equipped with voice control capabilities, allowing you to conveniently control your audio setup with simple voice commands. This seamless integration of technology has garnered praise from users who appreciate the convenience and ease of use.

In conclusion, Denon is a highly respected brand in the audio industry, known for its exceptional sound quality, versatile receivers, premium build quality, and innovative features. With a wide range of products to choose from, Denon caters to the needs of both audiophiles and casual users alike. Whether you're looking for a receiver, speaker, or headphones, Denon is a brand that consistently delivers on its promise of high-quality audio equipment.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Denon contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Denon?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Denon Customer Service. Initial Denon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Denon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Denon. Discuss the issues you have had with Denon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.