Fry's / Advertised item not available

1 600 E. Brokaw Rd.San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-487-4500, 877-688-7678

Fry's advertised an Amana portable air conditioner-windowless 12000 btu with heater for $349.00 and listed all of their Southern California stores in the ad. The ad was in the July 19, 2009 Los Angeles Times.

The closest Fry's store to me was in Manhattan Beach, CA. Fry's Manhattan Beach store said they never had the advertised Amana air conditioner and never would. The sales clerk was pleasant but confused and untrained. She kept me waiting as well as other people
while contacting a "manager."

I was shuffled from store to store including Fountain Valley, Burbank, etc. By the time I had a response from the Oxnard store, 75 miles away, the next morning, I was told it was a one day sale and the price was now $499.00, the full retail price rather than 349.00 the sale price.

Draw your own conclusions!!!

Fry's Electronics Headquarters
Fry's Electronics
600 E. Brokaw Rd.
San Jose, CA 95112 (Map)
Phone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]
Toll Free: [protected]

Comments

• Da
      30th of Nov, 2009
    Fry's - Rip off
    Fry's

Fry's sells laptops without mentioning the battery life and once you open them and find that it sucks, they will still charge you 15% restocking fees for returning them.

I exchanged the two computers and Fry's gave me used computers in return instead of new ones.

Never buy from Fry's any longer. They are not any better fro pricing also.