Fry's Electronics / under warranty repairs faulty
I bought a 30" LCD TV here in '05 with a 4 year warranty.
In January 2009 I brought the TV in for repair. The warranty expired in June of 2009.
Calls to customer service with simple questions like "Where is my television?" and "How much longer till I can pick it up?" were not answered. Customer service representatives over the phone simply stated they didn't have an answer they could give me.
I didn't receive my television back until mid-April, and when I brought it home it had the same problem PLUS a large, noticeable scratch on the screen.
I returned the television in May of 2009 and now in August 2009 I still do not have a television or an answer.
I have talked with supervisors about getting a loaner television, getting a replacement, or getting time added to my warranty because of how long it took them to perform these repairs. I was promised to be contacted about this issues but no one has called me.
My warranty has now expired and I was told that I would have 30 days after receiving my television to return it for additional repairs now that it is out of warranty.
DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS (especially warranties!) from Fry's Electronics. They take forever to repair your product, the customer service is lousy, and they screwed up my repair! They won't offer me a replacement or even a loaner television.
More Fry's Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- Frys Electronics - rebate fraud 
- Fry's Electronics - no warranty repair 
- Frys Electronics - protection plan 
- Fry's Electronics - very rude customer service 
- Frys.com - they are not honoring their raincheck 
- Fry's Electronics - order online t3966483
- Fry's Electronics - not satisfying online fulfillment experience
- Frys Electronics - non delivery of product
- Fry's Electronics - very rude employee
- Fry's Electronics - zojirushi micom rice cooker ns-lgc05