Fry's Electronics / under warranty repairs faulty

1 43800 Osgood RoadFresno, CA, United States Review updated:

I bought a 30" LCD TV here in '05 with a 4 year warranty.
In January 2009 I brought the TV in for repair. The warranty expired in June of 2009.

Calls to customer service with simple questions like "Where is my television?" and "How much longer till I can pick it up?" were not answered. Customer service representatives over the phone simply stated they didn't have an answer they could give me.

I didn't receive my television back until mid-April, and when I brought it home it had the same problem PLUS a large, noticeable scratch on the screen.

I returned the television in May of 2009 and now in August 2009 I still do not have a television or an answer.

I have talked with supervisors about getting a loaner television, getting a replacement, or getting time added to my warranty because of how long it took them to perform these repairs. I was promised to be contacted about this issues but no one has called me.

My warranty has now expired and I was told that I would have 30 days after receiving my television to return it for additional repairs now that it is out of warranty.

DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS (especially warranties!) from Fry's Electronics. They take forever to repair your product, the customer service is lousy, and they screwed up my repair! They won't offer me a replacement or even a loaner television.

Comments

11th of Oct, 2009

I bought a GQ Zx-5580 in fry’s and in 5 months had to take it for repair I have a year extended guaranty on it
    They gave me a loaner, after 2 months went to pick it up was with me for less than a month took it to fry’s they gave me a loaner again 3 months they called me went to get it had it with me for a week took it back gave me a loaner again this time was like 1 month when they call me to pick it up had it for a wile took it to the store for repair a month later went to pick it up this time I try it in the store did not work so I was going to live it in they told me the warranty expire that for the good of him he was going to fix it but I will not get a loaner that is when I realize what was happening and I question too many times been in the shop I was told the day I bought it that 3 times repair and you get a new one, this time this guy tells me that the 3 times repair has to be the same thing and they had to replace the mother board only 2 times when I had it back still did not work so after that I decided to open the computer an fix it my self I will never buy the extended warranty at fry’s I feel they rip me off they kept me quiet with the loaner because I did not think that extended warranty was going to expire I will not buy a off brand computer with this guys maybe not a computer any more.