Fry's Electronicsscam and cheating

We purchased a brand new Apple G5 Power iMac on January 8, 2006. Or so we thought. It was a demo and it didn't work so we took it back. On January 9, 2006, they gave us a brand-spanking new machine. We went home and registered it. On January 3, 2007, realizing the one year warranty was about to expire, we bought an Apple Care Plan through Apple. After receiving it, we tried to register it. No go! Apple told me that this iMac had already previously been registered on December 23, 2005! I contacted Frys who told me that resetting the purchase date was a simple matter. It took him two weeks to tell me that there was nothing they could do. They were not able to reset the date and Apple would not budge. I contacted Apple who told me the machine had been registered TO ME on December 23, 2005 and that they would not honor the Apple Care Plan. I faxed copies of all receipts showing the purchase date to Frys being January 8, 2007. They refused. What they did tell me was that this particular machine *should* have been sold with a Limited Warranty AND that if an Apple Care Plan was going to be purchased, it MUST BE PURCHASED AT THE TIME OF THE ORIGINAL SALE! In other words, they sold us a used machine, backdated their records to register it to a date several weeks before we actually purchased it, and failed to disclose to us the rules Apple imposed on purchasing an Apple Care plan for this machine. We were just stunned. We won't be buying any more Apple machines from Frys. But I will be pursuing them about this fraudulent and deceptive practice. Old habits die hard, and what haunted this company years ago has come home to roost. Shame on you Frys. I'll take this as far as possible.

Comments

Nov 16, 2008

frys campbell is as dirty as their store manager!
    two faced store + two faced manager = 4 faced business.
    do not shop here! they will lie to you just to make money

Oct 11, 2009

I bought a GQ Zx-5580 in fry’s and in 5 months had to take it for repair I have a year extended guaranty on it
    They gave me a loaner, after 2 months went to pick it up was with me for less than a month took it to fry’s they gave me a loaner again 3 months they called me went to get it had it with me for a week took it back gave me a loaner again this time was like 1 month when they call me to pick it up had it for a wile took it to the store for repair a month later went to pick it up this time I try it in the store did not work so I was going to live it in they told me the warranty expire that for the good of him he was going to fix it but I will not get a loaner that is when I realize what was happening and I question too many times been in the shop I was told the day I bought it that 3 times repair and you get a new one, this time this guy tells me that the 3 times repair has to be the same thing and they had to replace the mother board only 2 times when I had it back still did not work so after that I decided to open the computer an fix it my self I will never buy the extended warranty at fry’s I feel they rip me off they kept me quiet with the loaner because I did not think that extended warranty was going to expire I will not buy a off brand computer with this guys maybe not a computer any more.

• Ju
      Jul 30, 2018

I love Frys company because i received my products and it's new original products!!! Thanks alot Mr Sisk

• St
      Feb 09, 2019

I just got a "phishing" call from "Visa" about charges supposedly made at Frys. I found absolutely no way to get hold of Fry's. Their general number [not toll free] is busy, and they have no emergency number or any number dedicated to credit card fraud, information or any other way to contact them about possible fraud.

What kind of place is this?