Fry's Electronics / warranty on tv

1 Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

Do not waste your money on a Fry's warranty. I purchased a 5 year warranty on my 57" TV in 7/07. The TV has quit working and I am caught in a nightmare of trying to get it fixed by Fry's Warranty Department. They had a TV company in California call me (I'm in Texas) to diagnose the problem over the phone. What a joke! Then ten days later they mailed a bulb and said I'm supposed to install it myself (there were no instructions included). The bulb sounded broken when removed from the box. My husband installed it and got a blinking yellow light (TV still not working). We called the company, Precision TV in California, and they said we had to start over with Frys. We are getting the run around, and I paid good money for the warranty. If I wanted to repair it myself, I wouldn't have bought the warranty. They still don't want to send anyone out to look at it. I am desperate.

Comments

• Xt
      18th of Mar, 2011

I'm also completely pissed with the frys service. My TV has now been down for 12 days and they have already determined they are going to replace vs fix my set. Now it's in coporates hands to send over paperwork to the local store so they can negoatiate a replacement with me but coporate who so quickly decided not to spend money to fix my TV which is my preference is taking there sweet time getting the store what they need. If I owed them something they would demand it immediately. I tried to call coporate for days and when I finally got someone on the
    phone and got transfered to customer relations she was completely rude to me and bascially said I would just have to wait and there was nobody to complain or escalate to about the delays. I have spent at least 10, 000 dollars in the Plano store the past 5 years. I won't spend another nickle there after they replace my TV. I think I'll go stand outside there door on a busy Saturday morning tomorrow and hold a sign all day warning people to shop at there own risk if they want reasonable service. I used to love them but now I hate them.

• Co
      3rd of Dec, 2011

Yes you should stand outside, follow the local rules and WARN
    other people to NOT shop there. People do not know and keep shopping
    at these STUPID big box store for price, and keep getting ripped off
    on their poor excuse for customer or technical service. Their
    business model just does not work. Would your local plumber
    dentist or mom and pop hardware store do this stuff ? NO, they
    VALUE you as a customer. Frys etc does NOT. They do NOT charge
    enough on the item to make any money so they attempt to scrimpt
    on other parts of the deal.