Fry's Electronics / fraud and scam

Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased two Viewsonic VX2935WM LCD 20' monitors in Dec 2006 from Fry's in Arlington Texas with a $50 rebate on each one. Even though Fry's advertises one per customer the saleman who is on commission was very eager to sell me 2 monitors, one in my name and one in my Wife's name. Now I've received an email saying 'only one rebate per household.' Sure enough in 'fine print' it says 'Limit to one rebate per product offer per person, receipt, household and/or mailing address.'

This is a complete RIPOFF on Fry's part and I would not have purchased two of the same kind of monitors if I had know this when I purchased them. I was suckered by the salesman.

I complained to 'Mark' the manager at Fry's in Arlington today and ask for a $50 store credit. He said no way, my salesman did not do this to you. You should read the fine print. I told him you can't read it until you've already paid and got the receipt.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN WITH A PROMISED REBATE. At this time I haven't received the rebate on one monitor yet, probably never. If I hadn't sent in the UPC code I would return one just for the hell of it.
De

Comments

El
  22nd of Aug, 2014
Whatever man you tried to scam the system and got caught in the act. Don't try to blame Fry's for your idiotic mistake.

Fry's Electronics Logo Fry's Electronics