Fry's Electronics / fraud and scam
I purchased two Viewsonic VX2935WM LCD 20' monitors in Dec 2006 from Fry's in Arlington Texas with a $50 rebate on each one. Even though Fry's advertises one per customer the saleman who is on commission was very eager to sell me 2 monitors, one in my name and one in my Wife's name. Now I've received an email saying 'only one rebate per household.' Sure enough in 'fine print' it says 'Limit to one rebate per product offer per person, receipt, household and/or mailing address.'
This is a complete RIPOFF on Fry's part and I would not have purchased two of the same kind of monitors if I had know this when I purchased them. I was suckered by the salesman.
I complained to 'Mark' the manager at Fry's in Arlington today and ask for a $50 store credit. He said no way, my salesman did not do this to you. You should read the fine print. I told him you can't read it until you've already paid and got the receipt.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN WITH A PROMISED REBATE. At this time I haven't received the rebate on one monitor yet, probably never. If I hadn't sent in the UPC code I would return one just for the hell of it.
More Fry's Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- Frys Electronics - rebate fraud 
- Fry's Electronics - no warranty repair 
- Frys Electronics - protection plan 
- Fry's Electronics - very rude customer service 
- Frys.com - they are not honoring their raincheck 
- Fry's Electronics - order online t3966483
- Fry's Electronics - not satisfying online fulfillment experience
- Frys Electronics - non delivery of product
- Fry's Electronics - very rude employee
- Fry's Electronics - zojirushi micom rice cooker ns-lgc05