From You Flowers / DO NOT ORDER

From You Flowers
I order flowers to be delivered the next day to my mother for her birthday. I live in Minnesota and she's in Missouri. I paid an extra amount to ensure they arrived before 1:00 PM because my mother had plans at 3:00 PM and it was too cold for the flowers to wait outside until she got home. That would have been 1:00 PM yesterday.

As of 3:00 PM today, she has not received a thing and no one has called her (for directions, etc). I called their customer service and was told that they will not refund my money until they speak with the local florist. But, the local florist is not open on Sundays. So, I would have to call back tomorrow so they could call the florist to find out what happened. When I asked why I would have to call them again tomorrow, she said that I would have to do it if I wanted my money back. I asked why the company would just not take it upon themselves to follow up with the florist and then return my call. She said that they did not do that. I explained to her that not only had her company stole my money, but her customer service sucked. And, in today's economy, a company really cannot have crappy customer service.

N  30th of Jul, 2010 by
From You Flowers is a rip-off. They are the florist delivered part of ProFlowers. Here's how it works:

Say a consumer orders $100 worth of flowers from From You Flowers. They pay approximately $125 including a processing fee. From You Flowers keeps $25.

Then From You Flowers sends the order to a local flower shop for 73%, which means From You Flowers keeps an additional $27.

Then they receive 20% from Teleflora for processing the order, which means From You Flowers gets another $20.
And then they receive a rebate from Teleflora of $10, which means From You Flowers gets another $10.

That's $82 for From You Flowers on your $100 order. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

And the florist only gets $73, and he has to design and deliver the flowers. If there's a problem, and sometimes there is, he has to fix it, and because the customer service at From You Flowers is so bad, the florist usually eats it anyway.

The bottom line is this: DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS from FROM YOU FLOWERS. They are ripping off the consumer and the florist. Contact your local flower shop instead.
A  30th of Jul, 2010 by
WHEW! This is one heavy-handed company. Don't order flowers from them.

FromYouFlowers.com Logo FromYouFlowers.com