FromYouFlowers.com Logo

FromYouFlowers.com

Having problems with FromYouFlowers.com?

FromYouFlowers.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 12, 2008. The latest review Did not receive what was paid for was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint blocks on flowershops was resolved on Oct 18, 2013. FromYouFlowers.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 80 reviews. FromYouFlowers.com has resolved 21 complaints.

FromYouFlowers.com Customer Service Contacts

143 Mill Rock Road East
Old Saybrook, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with FromYouFlowers.com Customer Service. Initial FromYouFlowers.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for FromYouFlowers.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about FromYouFlowers.com. Discuss the issues you have had with FromYouFlowers.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

FromYouFlowers.com Complaints & Reviews

From You Flowers — flower delivery

I ordered a sympathy flower arrangement for my friend who's brother had passed away. The arrangement I...

FromYouFlowers.comnot what I ordered, not when I ordered, and horrible customer service

DON'T DON'T DON'T USE. Ordered for my mother's (outpatient) surgery - didn't deliver on date promised. No phone call to explain. So basically if there had not been complications requiring a three day hospital stay these flowers would have been delivered after her discharge. Customer service was horrible. I e-mailed in the morning (9 am) advising of the problem with delivery. When I checked my e-mail at 11:30 am there was a response - IT DID NOT INCLUDE ANY STATUS ON MY ORDER instead explaining that they could not refund my service charges. The e-mail advised that I could email (again?!?) or call to find out status. I called. After waiting on hold an unacceptable length of time, a customer service rep picked up and said she would need to contact the florist (?!? why did no one do that when I first notified them of a problem?!?), she placed me on hold and then disconnected me. I called again and waited on hold. This Rep was more helpful - he acknowledged I should have been contacted when they could not meet their GUARANTEED delivery date and FINALLY provided a status on the order. But basically because my mother was forced to stay in the hospital due to complications - their attitude was no harm no foul. If you care at all about the person you are sending flowers to actually getting them in any timely matter do not use this company - don't count on being the lucky few who benefits from their clear incompetence, lack of communication and control with vendors, and extremely poor customer service. NOTE - they also operate as http://www.hospitaldelivery.com/ which is what I used thinking they'd be used to the special circumstances of delivery to loved ones who are in hospital - NO NO AND NO. All communications after ordering on website were with fromyouflowers.com. Obviously operating under multiple names to escape serious negative reviews - wish I had read before I ordered. UPDATE - finally delivered a full day late and looks nothing like bouquet ordered - the teddy bear and basket are there but not the flowers! the included flowers are sparse - mostly green filler (which is not even shown in picture of bouquet I ordered) and instead of the balloon bouquet I ordered attached is a single sad mylar balloon. I am mortified that visitors will think this is what I would send to my mom after her surguery. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND PATHETIC LOOKING _ DO NOT ORDER.

FromYouFlowers.com — no delivery and they lied

I am beyond upset at the lack of professionalism that this so called company has. I order a beautiful...

From You Flowersold flowers

I received a gift order from my fiancé who is in South Carolina for Valentines Day and was disgusted when I opened the package.The flowers when I took them out of the box looked like they were somebody leftover plants that had been out for 2 weeks.

The plants were rotting with brown spots all over them and were wilting. The baby's breath that came within the bouquet was limp and brown. I spoke with someone and they said they would send another bouquet to be received today. I opened the bouquet and its a repeat of the original bouquet.

I looked where the flowers are shipped from and it's NJ which is right next to NY.

There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen once, let alone twice.Whoever is responsible for shipping out these flowers does a disgusting job and my fiancé and I will not be ordering from this company ever again!!!

• De
        Debra Holley Apr 14, 2015

I also had a horrible experience with this "outfit" and filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau. Might be worth considering...

FromYouFlowers.comblocks on flowershops

okay let's get right to itfrom You Flowers likes to scam people out of money. Say if you pay $50.00 for a flower order they will send the order online to FTD or BLOOMNET to find flower shop in your zip code for delivery but that same order you pay$50.00 for will be sent to the florist $30.01so when something like happens the florist is going to make a order $30.01 not the $50.00 you just pay for. Me and my family for in TAMPA FL for a few days and we stop by a florist there nice place. The name of this florit was Beverly Hills Florist nice staff by the way. Really nice store from what we could see #1 florist in TAMPA FL anyway this florist told us that thay would get alot of orders froyouflowers.comthe $30.01and fromyouflowers got nasty with the florist and put a block on there Acc. Because they were doing there jobs by filling orders for the price they sent the florist not what you payed so you cant get upset at the florist its fromyouflowers and also we was told that this florist had to lay off staff because of fromyouflowers.com i fill so sad for that family. Times are still hard Anyway the whole piont to the call your florist in your town not online fromyouflowers.com

Flowersfromyou — worst mistake ive ever made

Worst idea Ive ever had was to place an order through this company. I placed my order a week in advance for...

From You Flowerswhat's really going on

these people are terrible. after many years of dedicated employment i was "laid of" because they lost a major corporate account (because theyre an awful company and screw up everything). What really goes on there is they prioritize incoming calls over fixing existing orders. theres no organization whatsoever. instead of having people designated to work on manually work on orders, they have them repeatedly drop what they're doing to "grab" incoming calls. I understand long wait times are bad business, but so is repeatedly screwing up orders because you're so concerned about keeping "call queue" down than fixing the ones you have! IF THEY DIDN'T SCREW STUFF UP ALL THE TIME, THE DARN QUEUE WOLD GO DOWN! One hint, if you dare to be bold and place an order with this travesty of a company, do it before noon, and don't expect "expedited" service and do expect subs. Why? Because none of those things should be guaranteed in the first place. not every shop has every thing advertised on the website and many of them have a same day cut off of 12, 1 or 2 pm, and many of them dont guarantee specific delivery times. Also, the florist 99% of the time (although they'e not supposed to) takes a delivery fee out of the price you paid for the arrangement. so if you buy a $30 arrangement, you may receive anywhere from a $25-$30 arrangement. keep in mind, it's not the employees faults. its just very, very, VERY poor management. They waste so much time enforcing all of their ridiculous rules and policies (which change on a daily basis and no average human could ever possibly keep track of). Also, it's a big popularity contest. granted, so is everything else in life, im not naive. But this is beyond to typical cattiness. Basically, if you're not cool or popular around there, you'll stay at the bottom forever. it's alright between jobs if youre in a jam... but deceiving customers and stealing from florists all day gets really stale. dont be fooled by the free food and the feigned employee appreciation attempts. its all bull. in the end if youre not already upper management or corporate, you never will be. also, if your mother/ spouse/ child is in the hospital or has an emergency, expect a guilt trip (and a 100% lack of empathy) when you attempt to leave work. Also, broken bones and/ or hospitalization arent a good enough reason to leave either. And ladies, no maternity leave. if they like you (lol) theyll give you your job back after, but there's no pay whatsoever. You can, however use the 1 week of vacation time they provide you with after two full calendar years of service. All in all, the business practices are shady and they treat their employees like trash. Another tip, if you (the customer) are right and have a legitimate reason to complain, (i.e. missed funeral/ a delivery that's been screwed up more than once, etc.) 3 magic letters: BBB. that is literally the only way to get the compensation you deserve. otherwise theyll give you some bs resolution because fromyouflowers doesnt believe in good customer service.

FromYouFlowers.comlate if ever

I sent flowers to my 101 year old Grandfather in Michigan using a company called from you Flowers. Do not use this company I have sent 3 arrangement's from this service and they have messed up every single one. They are now telling me that he wont get his Christmas centerpiece till after Christmas. They have messed up every order! I sent my girlfriend flowers same day as she was crying at work. They delivered them at 7 pm to her work. What is the point of a Christmas centerpiece after Christmas or flowers at work after everyone has left for the day!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Horrible

• Re
              Reviewer50769 Dec 28, 2015

Ordered a Gourmet Goodies Basket for my mother in law for Christmas 2015. After it being delivered 3 days late, below is the "Gourmet" basket that she received. I NEVER make complaints, but this one was ridiculous. Waiting on my refund.

Comments
              Comments

• Ri
              RickLaw Mar 25, 2013

The law firm of Berger & Montague, P.C., located in Philadelphia PA, is currently investigating a possible class action suit against Teleflora LLC in connection with selling flowers that are inferior and of lesser value than the ones advertised on its website, and with delivering flowers past the agreed delivery dates. We are looking into whether a case can be brought to recover money for all dissatisfied customers. If you have had this experience with Teleflora, and have not received a full refund, please contact Kim Walker or Michael Fantini toll free at [protected] or [protected], or by e-mail: [email protected] For more information about our firm, visit our website www.bergermontague.com.
              Berger & Montague, P.C., attorneys are licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, and some of our attorneys are licensed to practice in additional jurisdictions, including New York, Florida, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, D.C., California and Connecticut. Our firm litigates cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States. On occasions where the firm practices in jurisdictions in which one of our attorneys is not licensed, we associate with that court on a "for that case only" basis and/or associate with locally licensed counsel.

Advertising Material

• Fl
              FLORISTOWNER Dec 23, 2012

As a florist owner I can tell you that there is no such florist as From You Flowers. From You Flowers is a CALL CENTER with hundreds of operators taking your phone call and then they "wire out" your order to a local florist in the area in which the recipient lives using a wire service such as FTD or TELEFLORA. They are able to make money because they charge YOU the relay fee PLUS they receive 20% from the order. So if your arrangement costs $50, they also charge you a fee plus a delivery fee. WIth the cost of the arrangement, their fee, a delivery fee and tax everything comes to about $65-$68. Then they call the local florist using the wire service Teleflora/FTD code and give them the order for a total of $50 (they do not give them the order for what you paid for which included the fees) and then they also receive 20% from the $50 which would be $10. So, it costs the customer $65-$68, From You Flowers receives $25-$28 for doing NOTHING and the local florist only receives $40 from that $68 order. You do not get what you pay for. Bottom line, USE A LOCAL FLORIST to receive FULL VALUE. ALL WIRE SERVICES HURT THE PAYING & RECEIVING CUSTOMER

FromYouFlowers.comno flowers no refund

I have had a terrible experience and have still not yet received my flowers. We needed the flowers to arrive the day before Thanksgiving, I even paid extra for same day delivery. I was contacted late in the day and told they would not arrive same day. I spoke to John, a customer service rep, and told him I wanted to cancel my order. He apologized and offered me an upgrade as well as a $10 gift card which would be sent via email. I told him that would be wonderful and that they could resend the flowers Saturday. Well Saturday has come and almost gone and we still have not yet received the flowers or the $10 gift card via email. My husband and I both called to complain and again spoke to John and were told that the flowers show delivered and there is nothing he can do until Monday. He also informed us that if a neighbor of ours received and kept the flowers there is also nothing they can do, and we would not be able to receive any kind of refund. I am very angry at the fact that the person who was supposed to receive the flowers has come and gone empty handed. I am angry at the fact that this company who posts reviews from CNBC as being "Best overall Quality and Price" yet is so lousy in customer service. I am not trying to cheat anyone out of anything. I was trying to do something thoughtful for a loved one and ended up with a lot of aggravation and as, of now, a hole in my account due to a non-refund. We even spoke to a manager and were only offered apologies and again, nothing they can do. A company who doesn't go out of their way to look out for the customers who keep them in business will not have my business. I caution anyone who chooses to order flowers through this company!

FromYouFlowers.comget as far away from this &supposed company& as you can

Hear my warning get as far away from this "supposed company" as you can. I would love to tell my entire story but there were just so many numerous problems it would become a novel. Dealing with these people has been a complete nightmare. I have never had such terrible service. And the CNBC posting you see actually click on it and read the comments on CNBC's website and you will understand. I implore you to go somewhere else save yourself from the nightmare involved in dealing with this company, but don't just take my word for it go and read the reviews from anywhere other than there actual site and you can see all the horror stories for yourself.

FromYouFlowers.comfailed delivery

Ordered Birthday flowers to be delivered to my daughter at school for her 18th birthday. Paid extra for before noon delivery so that she would definitely get them before school was out. Flowers never came, but I was charged over 62.00 for them. So I call them. They put me on hold and come back with...oh sorry mam, those never went out. So the only offer was to refund the extra fee I paid for before noon delivery...which they did not even though they said they would. So then they say, well we will deliver the flowers to you instead since it is now almost 5pm. I told them what a waste of time and how the birthday surprise was already ruined, but agreed because I paid for them...I might as well get the flowers since they would not refund the transaction. In short, after 5pm flowers were delivered...driver dropped the flowers and dumped water all through her car and handed us a basket of practically dead flowers with a teddy bear that smelled like smoke. It was clear that these were thrown together as a last ditch effort. I have pictures to prove that a good percentage of the flowers were dead. Granted fromyouflowers don't make the arrangements, but they are responsible for our satisfaction and it was just a bad deal the whole way. I wrote and called repeatidly and they will do nothing about it but apologize. They aknowledge it all and admit it, but will not do a thing to resolve it except offer $10.00 off my next purchase. NEXT PURCHASE???? Never again. BEWARE of Fromyouflowers.com.

• Bj
                    bjesky Jun 06, 2012

UPDATE:

I paid through PayPal and turned the case over to paypal to dispute it. Today on my paypal account it says that fromyouflowers.com refunded my money. As long as I see the money really hit, then I am satisified that they took accountability.

From You Flowerspoor service

Ordered flowers from their website to be delivered to my friend who is in the hospital. Placed order on a Thursday afternoon and website and order confirmation quoted delivery for the next day, Friday.

I called on Friday at 4pm (24 hours later) to see if the flowers had been delivered, and the customer service rep said, "I don't see anything in the system telling me otherwise, so I'm sure all is okay."

I then received an email from them at 8:48pm that night saying: "We were unable to locate a florist who was able to complete the delivery today." And, "Additionally, we would need your permission to substitute your chosen product for one as close as possible."

So not only did they not make the delivery date and time that was promised, they couldn't even provide the product i ordered! All this AFTER they charged my credit card:

1-800-Flowers® Happy Day Bouquet™ $34.99
                  Discount -$8.75 (I get a discount through my company)
                  1 Get Well Mylar Balloon $5.00
                  Shipping/Service Fee $14.99
                  Total $46.23

I wrote them back and said that I'm very disappointed and not going to let them blindly substitute something for me. So now I have to pick something else off the website and call them back? Of course, there are very few items at the same price point on the site. I just gave up.

I just called and canceled my order, then placed a new order with Proflowers. I don't recommend using From You Flowers.

Alerted my employer about this, as one of my co-workers also had a bad experience. They have removed From You Flowers from our intranet, so nobody else has to go through this!

• Mr
                      Mr wek Apr 09, 2011

I ordered flowers from "From You Flowers" on a Tuesday for delivery the following Friday. I thought by ordering several days early there would be a good chance the flowers would be delivered during the early part of the day on Friday. It didn't happen. They ended up being delivered after 5 pm and their cutoff time for delivery is 6 pm. Needless to say I was very disappointed. They were for my Mother's 92nd Birthday and she ends up getting them at the end of the day on her Birthday. I wanted her to have as much of the day as possible to enjoy them on her Birthday. Will never use their service again.

FromYouFlowers.comnever got my flowers

I place two orders- one for each Mom of mine- my mother and my mother-in-law. Let's start with my mother's order- it came in and was not at all what I ordered. When I called customer service about it, their computer translated it to a different bouquet, instead of the radiant Peruvian Lilly bouquet, however, my confirmation was correct. Not only was it not the Lilly bouquet, it didn't even look like the other bouquet- the flowers were from ROYER'S flowers- a shop I don't shop at because they make terrible bouquets locally and I recommend you do not use them. They sent dead carnations and 7 Lilly flowers. I called customer service and got my money back- and apparently Royer's will be picking up the flowers sometime this week (which is ridiculous that I have to give them back because they were the people that ruined my Mother's Day flowers). Now let us move on to the other order below to my Mother-In-Law. They were supposed to be delivered on Saturday to her home... and I find out on Saturday night that they never arrived. Customer service offered to redeliver on Tuesday, because they couldn't deliver Monday- so I agreed to this rather than getting all of my money back because I wanted my Mother-In-Law to have flowers for Mother's Day. So, it is now Tuesday night and my Mother-In-Law never got her flowers. I called customer service and got my money back. I will never EVER use this company again.

From You Flowersdisppointed! worst flower delivery

I spent $49.98 on flowers that looked like $10 flowers from the supermarket. I called and wrote many emails and all they did was give me a $15 giftcard for my next order (useless, considering I will never use From You Flowers again) and 20% off the order (which equals a whole $9.98). I am so disappointed and repelled at the service and flowers received. I have always used ProFlowers and have had nothing but amazing flowers. ProFlowers are the way to go. Hope this helps if you are thinking on going with this company for flowers.

• Ri
                          Richard Veljkovic Feb 15, 2016

I used services from FreshFlowers.com.au

It was first time i used online flower order service and i paid for an order that should be delivered in April (something over 200 euros).They delivered it today.

Not only they ruined surprise but also the person who it was delivered to will not be at home for a whole week.

So basically i paid 200 euros for dead flowers and melted chocolate left at the doorstep, because their incompetent service crew can't check on date properly.I am not from Australia but i can advice you not to use at least orders from this website.

Florist - FromYouFlowers — non-receipt and no refund

I placed an order on 8/19/2011 for a flower delivery. I was charged extra money to have this order delivered...

FromYouFlowers.comundelivered flowers

Letter Sent to FromYouFlowers.com:
                        I am extremely disappointed that the above-referenced order was NEVER FILLED. I placed this order with FromYouFlowers.com on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 10:59 a.m. (see attachment). I ordered these flowers for my recently widowed mother in recognition of what was supposed to be my parents’ 35th wedding anniversary (June 19). When I did not hear from my 73-year-old mother on Saturday that she received the flowers, I assumed that she would get them on Sunday, June 19, which would have been fine with me. When I did not hear anything from my mother on Sunday about receiving flowers, I was not happy they were late but thought I really wanted her to enjoy the flowers eventually. When I did not hear anything again from my mother today, Monday, June 20, 2011, I finally called her at approximately 6:00 p.m. to see if she had received them. And to my dismay, I had to ask my mother if she had received flowers today, and, of course, she had not.

I immediately placed a phone call to ForYouFlowers [protected]) to inquire about my order. I spoke with a representative who said “Oh, we just received a note that said the local florist had a computer glitch, and the flowers were not delivered. Sorry. Do you want us to send the order still?” Really??? I said, “Absolutely not, unless they send them for free.” The representative said we can offer an upgrade or issue you a full refund credit, but cannot send them for free.”

I had to call your company which has my money and has a legal obligation to fill my order in a timely manner. ForYouFlowers never contacted me about the problem. The local florist did not call me or my mother to inform us of the problem. I HAD TO CONTACT YOUR COMPANY TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. AND YOU WANT ME TO PAY FOR THIS? IS THIS HOW YOU DO BUSINESS? If so, FROMYOUFLOWERS.COM should be out of business before I finish sending this email.

I will now make it my mission to leave truthful negative feedback about FromYouFlowers.com on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and any website possible to warn of FromYouFlowers.com’s services – or specifically the lack thereof. I was hoping to brighten one of the saddest days of my mom’s life. So, not only did your company disappoint me, a new customer, but also my 73-year-old widowed mother. Thanks, FromYouFlowers.com, for making a sad day even worse.

Your former customer,

Robin Domek

From You Flowersbait and switch flower arrangement

For Mothers day "From You Flowers" showed a Bouquet of Lilies and Roses at a "discount Price" but what was delivered was a Bouquet of all Carnations. Carnations are the cheapest of flowers?. I requested a Happy Mothers day Card". No card was delivered only the Florist business card!. I'm not even sure that it was the Flowers I ordered|. FromYouFlowers couldn't tell me who the florist was that made the delivery, .

In small print it did state "product availability" and "as close as Possible", .There was one carnation in the ad;. When I complained they offered a 10 dollar gift card.

• Fy
                              FYFCommunityManager Jun 23, 2011

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had with the Mother's Day arrangement you ordered from us. This is not the type of service that we are striving to give our customers. If you have a minute and can email me your order number at [email protected], I would like to see how I can help.

Thanks,
                              Stacey

Fromyouflowersterrible for florists

This company is a terrible choice for florists to accept orders from. They will always pass there loss onto the shops. Example, the customer will supply an address to an apartment. The florist attempts delivery, however, no apartment number is listed. You contact fromyouflowers.com they get the apartment number from the customer and tell you to deliver it the next day. You deliver it the next day. As a florist shop, you think great I have done my part. Nope - 60 days out they will file a complaint saying poor quality or customer was dissatisfied. They will give you no warning, just a multiple array of letters to try to combat for your money. We find they do this frequently on larger orders. Orders that are good quality, delivered on time. Still 60 days out they cancel the order. Florists, (being local shops) need to stay away from this internet order taker. I have already called every fellow shop in my area to let them know what kind of stunts fromyouflowers.com pulls. Hopefully, they will loose this market because no shop will take the orders. Stay far far far away from this internet order taker! Bloomnet should not even allow them to be a service member. They were teleflora, until teleflora shut them down.

FromYouFlowers.comnon delivery - no response

I ordered flowers for mother's day on May 5th. They were supposed to be delivered May 7th. It is now May 12th, and there are no flowers. The kicker is...I cannot get in touch with this "company". When I call, the system keeps saying they have large call volume, thanks for your patience, then after keeping you on hold for 20 minutes, it says to try again later and HANGS UP!! I am furious! I've emailed and submitted online forms but still no response. My mother lives in a different state and had nothing for mother's day. It makes me sick that this "company" walked off with my money. There is an article claiming that CNBC rated them highly, but all I found was a PRWeb type article that they wrote themselves. I'd love to see an original article and find out how they were judged. As far as I can see, it is a scam. Save yourself the heartache and go with pro flowers, 1 800 flowers or the like.

• Da
                                  Dave Far Feb 14, 2012

This is the 2nd Valentines Day in a row that this company has screwed up my order!!! Both times i paid the extra fee to have delivered early...and i actually orded days in advance. I should have learned my lesson from last year but i figured i would give them another chance...boy am i sorry i did that. I have called and called...busy signal...then finally on hold and then as soon as i heard someone answer the phone it went dead!!! Can u believe they hung up a split second after they answered. I'm call the BBB here in Boston and definately lodging a complaint...i hope more people will also do this...this is sooooo frustrating...$140 bucks and they can't even get back to me.

From You Flowersfraudulent company

This company appears to be scamming hundreds of people out of their money.. They never delivered my mothers flowers, and gave me a different story each time I called. Finally they said they were notified that the florist couldn't fulfill the order. (I ordered 3 weeks ago and I was never notified) I tried emailing several times and no response (although their site promises to answer within an hour) Oddly enough every negative post I put on their facebook page gets deleted immediately. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau and my credit card company. I suggest everyone who has had a negative experience also files with the BBB. I wish I read the reviews before I ordered.