Frigidaire / heat pump

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I have been very unhappy with the performance of my Frigidaire Heat pump.(model FT4bd-036k and model B5VM-936k-B) My old heat pump was over 20 years old when it failed. My new Frigidaire was suppose to be 4 times more efficient being a seer 13. The first summer my light bill over doubled even after raising the thermostat to 78. ( I used to keep it at 68) The same thing in the winter. In the past 15 years at this house my electric bill never was higher than 150 dollars, and that was keeping the thermostat at 70. How with the thermostatic set at 63 I have a 300 dollar bill. I have complained to the installer and they could find nothing wrong. I have even had a competing company come in and look at it. No-one can find anything wrong with it. But something is wrong. It will run all day even in 45 degree weather just to keep the house at 63.
Can you forward this to someone that will be will to help find out what is wrong.
Kenneth Hick

Comments

• Ts
      22nd of Dec, 2010

I to have a 13 seer Heat Pump was told its the greatest, now 3 years later I am replacing the coil unit because it leaks. What ever happen to Frigidaire they use to run foever and not brake down. Is this the new and improved way of doing business through China products not being monitored by there customer for quality. I think its a shame to have faithful customer and loyal customers continuing to buy your products because they thought they could trust it. NOT anymore, its the get rich take advantage of the consumer once again.Who knows how much Electricity was used for this piece of crap to opporate over the three years I had it. Yea they pay for a replacement coil but do you know how much work is involved to replace it? They have to take out the unit from you house and take it in to have, the so called GOOD ONE put in. Who knows how long this one will last ( good $1, 000 out the window). Take off of work for two days, once when taking it out and then again to put it back. Of corce this happen in the winter time so now you have no heat or you have to use little heaters in ever room to heat the house warm so you don't freeze. All added to electricity use. I'll bet the electric company has a share in stock in YOUR Frigidaire Company (Nordyne). I am very dissatified with the whole thing. I can't afford to throw the whole thing out and start over. I just lost a couple of thousand dollars. Oh will, pass it on to the next consumer. Thanks but no thanks TS

• 12
      10th of May, 2011

same here new unit put in in 2008. Coli was leaking fro the factory and ha to be replaced, the today 5/10/2011 found out the ball valve has failed.
    My cost is almost 800.00 dollars to fix...this is one piece of crap. I have contacted several folks that had this unit installed with the similar results. We are getting everyone's information to look into the of class action litigation.

roge9398@gmail.com

• Pb
      31st of Jul, 2015

Coils leaks. 4 years after install.
    pbisim@aol.com