Frigidaire Appliances / bad product and service

We bought a washer/dryer from Lowes. It chewed up all of our clothing a few items at a time. Frigidaire (Electrolux) wouldn't help at all (their "repairs" continued to replace the clothing-chewing parts with new clothes-chewing parts). Lowes wouldn't help at all.

Finally, after a 10-month nightmare of running test loads, screaming and crying to Electrolux, involving Better Business Bureau, washing my family's laundry by hand and line drying it all in the back yard (I have 3 children under the age of 6) and thousands of dollars of damaged clothing, Lowe's consented to return my money for the monsters.

This is a design flaw. If you buy a Frigidaire washer/dryer, it WILL slowly but surely destroy whatever you put into it.

By the time you notice the problem and begin to identify the cause, it's too late to easily return/remedy the problem.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      1st of May, 2009

I had the same issue with my Dryer, but since it was under the 1st year of warranty I had to go through GE, who transferred me to Electric Insurance, who transferred me to Electrolux the manufacturer of the dryer. Electrolux and Helen Haney were completely disrespectful and claimed nothing was wrong since the GE technicians never stated the dryer was defective in their reports. Although all THREE techs verbally stated it to us. After three visits GE replaced the dryer and claimed they had voided my extended warranty with Lowes!!! Note, GE still says there was nothing wrong with the dryer, but the replacement had a ring that ran around the opening that prevented our clothes from being shredded. Yes, the orginial was missing the ring completely!!! That is a defect! So a $1, 000 of damaged clothes and Electrolux comes back finally and offers $125 with the signing of a letter stating they are not at fault. I'm going to court!! This is the worst service I've ever had thanks to GE and Electrolux.