Fox Rent A Car / Fraud

I rented an SUV from Fox Rent a Car for a week followed by a sedan for five days. When I returned the SUV, I was told the reservation for the sedan starts the next day. I agreed to pay for one more day but the price that was quoted was $163 for first day (which they claimed was my mistake) and $135 for next 4 days combined. Why would I book a car, return it in one week and pick up a replacemrent car the next day? Then they refused to let me use up the time I had paid for with the SUV by saying he had already closed the contract. They they refused to let me see a phone book so I could make other arrangements with another company. Then they refused to send us back to airport and we had to wait half hour to see two shuttles come and go. Then we walked a lot to find a taxi (with a huge and heavy box in my arms).

This is a FRAUDULENT company. Stay away.

Ji

Comments

• Ca
      17th of May, 2013

FOX makes the most of the various online booking resources that most people rely on when scheduling a trip. FOX leads customers to believe that they are far cheaper than the competition, and their advertised rates show this. Fox is always the lowest rate when searched on Expedia, but don't believe it.

What they fail to mention is that all of the taxes and airport fee's are removed (hidden) from their advertised price. Your lead to believe that you have paid in full, yet your hit with often hundreds in additional fee's at the counter. If you balk at this and say you wish to cancel, then you lose what you have already paid online.

It would be like booking an airline ticket on Expedia.com, paying the rate you were shown, issued a voucher to hand to the airline when you get to the airport and being told "Oh, this is only for the base rate, you still owe another $400 in taxes and fee's".

Now I think we all can agree that no airline does that, and I can assure you, none of the big name car rental companies do this either (Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise, etc.) as I've used all of them.

FOX is running a flim flam scam, and they aren't shy about it. They will blame the misunderstanding on you, or the third party booking company. The fact is, the misunderstanding was intentional, they mislead you to get your business. They will also demand a $300 cash deposit when you pick up your car, and no one I've ever used does that.

They will also charged you a $40 USD "admin" fee each and every time you cross a toll bridge, and this can add hundreds to your bill quickly. They will badger you to buy insurance you do not need (as your own full coverage policy covers rental cars used under 30 days), and they will try their best to convince you that the economy car you reserved, is so tiny and powerless, it likely won't get out of the garage.

If you rent from them, plan on paying double what your quoted, and if you fall for the insurance, upgrade, and toll fee part of the scam, add another thousand to that figure. Then just pray they don't claim you scratched the car.