Ford Motor Companyleaking/ruptured fuel tank on 1999 e150 conversion van

D Nov 22, 2017

My complaint is the same as the others I have listed below. I wonder why Ford will issue a recall for this obvious oversight in the manufacture of the vans?
I just a week ago bought this van from an individual and when I filled the fuel tank it leaked fuel out until the gas level lowered to 3/4 tank. HELP

This is the exact same situation others have experienced on NHTSA recall campaign number 01v114000 relating to cracks/leaks to the 'mid ship' style fuel tank. My van is a 1997 E-150 conversion van. Unfortunately, I am in the same situation as many others in the fact that Ford motor company does not acknowledge my particular VIN number is affected in this recall. There have been a number of other incidents reported with vehicles mysteriously catching on fire for unknown reasons. Very disturbing that a manufacturer would not agree to replace a leaking/damaged fuel tank.

See all problems of the 1997 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 1998 Ford E-150 2
Failure Date: 05/14/2011

98 Ford E-150 / safety recall-01s14 I contacted chalmers Ford dealer (beth) santa fe, nm 473-3673 / Ford customer service(rebecca) [protected] my vehicle exhibits exactly the same symptoms as recall and was told I was not on the list and nothing could be done-I discovered the leak when I was pumping gas into the gas tank and a huge puddle of gas was observed dripping from van by an observant customer-I stopped pumping gas immediately and returned home-upon my return I inspected edge of tank and all the hoses and saw that gas had formed a ring where the fuel had leaked out-did not see leak from hoses but they were deteriorated-leak was from upper tank area and flowed downward-if this is not taken care of soon there could be many Ford owners susceptible to car fires-many of the vehicles such as mine are conversion vans and we carry our entire families in them-very dangerous defect or cheap part or poor design-please help if you can.

See all problems of the 1998 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 1999 Ford E-150 3
Failure Date: 04/21/2011

The contact owns a 1999 Ford E-150. The contact stated that while refueling the vehicle, he noticed that fuel was leaking from the top of the fuel tank. The vehicle was taken to an automotive shop where the contact was advised that there could have been a fracture in the tank which caused the leakage. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact called the manufacturer who offered no assistance. The current and failure mileage was 139, 790.

See all problems of the 1999 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2000 Ford E-150 4
Failure Date: 11/01/2010

The contact owns 2000 Ford e150 . The vehicle was parked when the contact first noticed a strong odor of gasoline coming from the top of the fuel tank. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but not repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated there was a fracture in the fuel tank. The failure mileage was 63, 000.

See all problems of the 2000 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2001 Ford E-150 5
Failure Date: 10/12/2010

Gas filler hose and gas vent hose deteriorate on 2001 Ford E-150 may cause fire when filling gas tank.

See all problems of the 2001 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2002 Ford E-150 6
Failure Date: 09/01/2010

Fuel tank filler neck rust and leak spills gasoline on every fuel fillup--extreme danger of fire.

See all problems of the 2002 Ford E-150.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2000 Ford E-150 7
Failure Date: 08/15/2010

The fuel tank on my 2000 Ford f150 fell off while I was driving @ 30 or 35 mph the friction with the pavement caused the tank to leak and I had a full tank. . The cost of repairs was over $ 750.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2001 Ford E-150 8
Failure Date: 07/26/2010

The contact owns a 2001 Ford E-150 cargo van. The contact was refueling the vehicle when he smelled an overpowering gasoline odor. Gasoline was leaking from the top of the fuel tank. The contact was able to locate NHTSA recall campaign id number: 01v114000 (fuel system, gasoline: storage: tank assembly) but was advised by the dealer that his VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 73, 000 and the current mileage was 73, 200.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 1999 Ford E-150 9
Failure Date: 10/16/2009

The contact owns a 1999 Ford E-150. He noticed a puddle of gasoline outside of the fuel tank. The vehicle was taken to a fuel specialist, and the technician concluded that the fuel tank was cracked. He notified the dealer in reference to recall #01v114000 (fuel system, gasoline:storage:tank assembly) and was advised that although he experienced an identical failure, he was ineligible for a free remedy since his vehicle identification number was excluded. The failure and current mileages were 120, 000.
car image Tank Assembly problem of the 2000 Ford E-150 10
Failure Date: 09/01/2009

After filing up gas tank and parking vehicle - noticed gas leaking from gas tank - had a Ford mechanic look at it and he said it looked like similar problem he had seen with other Ford E-150s that had crack in 35 gallon mid-ship fuel tank where it [tank] contacts the frame cross member - he told me to look it up on line. . . I did and I called Ford customer support - they said this recall applied to E-150s built at lorainne plaint between April 1996 and November 2000. . . They looked up my VIN and said it was built in November 1999 at the loraine plaint and should be on list but was not -- wrote letter to Ford and NHTSA - no response from Ford.