Ford Motor Company / 2013 ford fusion

1 Nekoosa, WI, United States Review updated:

Our 2013 Ford Fusion caught on fire two months ago ( 6/10/2018). We had it towed to a mechanic that regularly maintenance's our vehicles and contacted our insurance. The adjuster accessed the damage, cut the Insurance check and the mechanic ordered the parts. Were now on two months waiting for Ford to manufacture a wire harness because this is not a stock part. In the meantime we have tried to contact Ford ( talked with 5 different customer service representatives) and get nothing but a "stone-wall", given a "claim number" response and a promise of a call-back in 24 hours that never happens. Now I've found out that there is a re-call regarding the coolant system that can cause engine fires and I again have contacted two Ford service managers regarding this and guess what...nothing. The mechanic is also at his wits end, dealing with what he calls a " no win situation" and said he's never seen anything like this.

At this point, I will never purchase a Ford vehicle again. Not only has this caused me unnecessary extra rental car expense, deductible and inconvenience, I am now forced to purchase some other form of transportation to get me buy until Ford decides to "manufacturer " a wire harness so that this vehicle is operational again. I am positive when I go to trade this lemon in, I will again lose money on a trade in due to the engine fire.

I am not a person who is a "brand follower", meaning: someone who believes one brand is superior than other based on opinion. But as of now, I am. Ford has done nothing to instill in me that they value their customer regarding issues after the sale, back their product or follow through with there follow-ups on claims.

Pete Stojak

Jp
Aug 16, 2018

Comments

21st of Aug, 2018

This is really sad. My daughter's car was a 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Ford sells junk cars. I never have purchased a Ford in my life. The acronym is true to its name Found On the Road Dead. My daughter's car caught fire on August 19, 2018 at midnight. I see now there are no ramifications here. Until it claims a life then will we see action from Ford. But why wait until then when they have a chance to correct this issue.

21st of Aug, 2018