Food Liontrying to order a product food lion does not carry

P Aug 01, 2016 Review updated:

On August 1st, 2016, I called Food Lion to complain on why it takes so long for them to find out if they can get a product I am interested to stock in my local store. After calling customer service, I asked why does it take up to 2 weeks to find out if they can provide a product, they do not presently carry. After holding for 15 minutes, the agent said that's the policy. I told her that I got an answer from Lowes within 1 hour. I said all you need to do is call the supplier! She put me on hold and came back without an answer. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she put me on hold for another 5 minutes. I asked if the supervisor could call me and she went to see if she/he was in the office-another 5 minute hold! She came back and took down my information and said she would not know when I would get a call, about the product. Food Lion may have lowered their prices, but there customer service has a lot to be desired!!!

•   Aug 01, 2016

Why don't you call the manufacturer and see if they can work a deal with them? You do realize that every product any store carries is there due to contract negotiations. With Walmart, for example, it takes about 6 months for a requested item to show up in stores. It takes time for the store to negotiate the contract for the item. Sometimes, things are contracted only to one retailer. Sometimes, one size of something is contracted to one retailer. It is not a magic wave your wand process.

I think your attitude is unreasonable. Were I the one subjected to it, I would ignore your request and all subsequent phone calls from you.