First Convenience Bank / banking/customer service

1 Houston, TX, United States

The absolute worst bank ever! Do not bank here!

These guys ruined a special day for me. Today is my last day in Chicago and wanted to pay off an engagement ring that I was going to surprise my GF with as soon as I got home to Texas. I owed a little over $2500 on the ring and have well over that in my account. As I swiped my card to pay, it kept declining. I knew I had 3 times that amount in my account so I was confused. So I called the bank and they informed me that my daily spending limit was $1500. (I understand fraud protection so this is fine) I asked them how to increase my limit to purchase the engagement ring and they told me I have to type my pin and social to the automated system. I did that and it kept transferring me to rep after rep telling me the same thing. I asked them for another way cause obviously this way was not working. They told me I have to fax my ID, account #, and to raise my limit to a certain amount for them to grant my wish. I asked them how much should I raise it to for me to be okay and they told me $3000. So I left the jewelry store, took an Uber to Fedex to send the fax, confirmed they received the fax, and took an Uber back to the jewelry store just for my card to still be declined! I am angry at this point. So I call back (for what seemed like the 6th time and a total of about 2 hours on the phone) and told them that my card was still declined. They then told me that your card was declined because your spending limit of $3, 000 was surpassed. I asked them how it was possible because I just sent the fax. They then told me that charges from several days ago just now came in today and went toward your daily spending limit. (Mind you those charges came from the down payment on the ring) So I told them why didn't they inform me and to raise the limit so I can purchase the ring and they told me I could not raise the limit for a second time. These people have literally taken access away from me for my own money. I'm now in the airport on the way back to Houston without a ring I've already paid 75% on because I don't have access to my own money. They aren't compassionate and they don't work with you. All I wanted to do was have a special moment with my future fiance. The first thing I'm doing when I get back to Texas is closing the entire account. I would not recommend this bank to anybody!

Jimmy O.