First American Home Warranty / First American Home Warranty Rip Off

1 P.O. Box 10180Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 553-6699

First American Home Warranty let my family sit in a dark and potentially dangerous house for nearly two weeks while they sat on their hands doing nothing but making up excuses. After two weeks and two visits by their technician they have denied the claim.

Both electricians said the riser (metal pipe) had broke free from our meter box and allowed rain in. The rain shorted the line out and a new meter box was necessary.

First American Home Warranty says it is not normal wear and tear and denied the claim.

After two weeks of jerking us around they leave us holding the bag while they re-define the English language. Normal wear and tear? Why wouldn’t it be normal wear and tear? It’s a thin box of pot metal that’s been exposed to the elements for years. That box is certainly over twenty years old. What’s normal? Should it last a thirty years? Fifty? Perhaps a century?

Comments

• Ti
      13th of Feb, 2009

The First American Home Warranty Plan is under investigation by a law firm

I just found that a law firm that is currently investigating the home warranty plans of First American Home for potential consumer claims for wrongfully denying consumer claims!

The law firm said that they want to talk to both consumers who have purchased First American Home Warranty Co.'s home warranty plans and independent contractors who used to work for First American Home Warranty Co.

If you are interested email me and I can get you in touch with them: timothyjs39@gmail.com

13th of Aug, 2010

I know an attorney preparing to sue this company now. If you have had a difficult time with this company, I would suggest you contact him at (405) 249-4215 or email him at johnbranum@me.com.