First American Home Buyers Protection / No service!

1 Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-553-6699

I have been without A/C for two weeks. Temperatures have been upper 80's, this week 90's and will be 100's by tomorrow. Apparently, the part needed is not available and First American says they are trying to find the part. 2 weeks is unacceptable. Additionally, I am a renter my family's health is in jeopardy as the three of us have separate illnesses that require indoor climate control. We are all becoming sick because of the heat and dust entering our home and it is totally unbearable. My fish are even dying and I have to ice them down at least 2 times an evening.

I need help now. What can I do about all this inconvenience and the cost of medical treatment because of lack of concern?

Comments

• Da
      24th of Aug, 2007
    First American Home Buyers Protection - Poor service!

Called about our doorbell not working in early July 2007. It is August 24th and the problem has not been resolved. Three visits have been scheduled. I have been here for all three. All three of these times I was contacted. The first time they showed up, but the tech. had no idea what he was doing and after 2 hours got frustrated because he could not find the transformer and said he could not completely figure out the problem- he suggested a wireless chime. I explained that I was paying for an insurance policy to fix my hardwire doorbell and that is what I expected (meanwhile a lost day of work).

I received a follow up call from 1st Home, I indicated the problem was not resolved and I expected to hear from them in a day or two. 2 weeks later I called 1st and said my problem still is not resolved. They dispatched the same person who refused to help fix the problem (another lost day of work). I requested someone else. Two weeks later the tech calls a different guy. I explain the problem, he says he needs to get authorization (I thought this would have been clarified when the appointment was made with R and R Electronics out of Orlando, FL- stay away from these folks). He calls back and says he can no longer come out to fix the problem (another lost day of work).

Now I am on the phone with 1st. By the way I have called several times and I average 50 minutes of hold time- each time. Not to mention the two times they disconnected me. They being the supervisors at 1st.

$300+ a year... what a waste. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR STAY AWAY FROM 1st American.

Happy to discuss this with anyone.

• Fe
      19th of Aug, 2008

If anyone has had issues with First American Home Buyers; especially plumbing Home Buyers; please email me your story at FAHBwarrantycomplaints@yahoo.com.