Fifth Third Bank / poor service and questionable practices

United States Review updated:
Fifth Third Bank
My aged mother recently discovered a CD that was to have come due two years ago, Oct 2007. I called Fifth Third bank who confirmed the existence of the CD and the fact that they had not sent out a renewal notice in 2007. They offered to pay the face value of the CD, ignoring that they have been collecting interest on that money for two years without paying one cent to my mother. I asked for an interest adjustment to offset her losses. Three months later they finally told me that there is nothing that they are willing to do about this situation except cut a check for the amount on the CD. That’s what I call customer service. I am sorry that our government is bailing out businesses that do not care about their customers.

A  12th of May, 2011 by
We have been faithful customers for over five years. We haven't bounced a check or had any accounting issues in YEARS. My husband has DONATED food to them for recruitment, promotions, and office events. They POSTED my paycheck online, days after it was deposited, even though they didn't really consider it a part of my balance. When we transferred money from our checking to savings, we received bounced-check fees because even though the check is STILL listed as posted, it really wasn't. They refunded ONE of the bounce fees, but not the other one. They DON'T CARE!

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo Fifth Third Bank / 53.com