FIDOcheating and false promises

The truth is fido will grab every dollar.. Nickel and dime you with every opportunity they can get.. So don't give them any chance!

The lesson is clear: don't ever, I repeat do not sign any contract commitment (even if its verbal) with fido or rogers

As it is most likely, the renewal agreement is not a formal contract, (its a red flag and a good indication of scam) for example: a telemarketer or fido agent calls you up asking about you customer's satisfaction
And offers you a free sony ericsson w300i phone for $0 but the catch is you will have to agree to a 3 year agreement and the new number is already activated.. If you wanted to cancel after that, too late.. You will be punished with a hefty ecf fee. This is one their sneaky tricks.. Another one is the system access fees
(who ever said fido dropped those fees after november 4, 2008?)

Remember: without your signature on the contact, it won't hold up, if they do this without your consent or knowledge
You can use this as evidence to dispute this to the fido customer relations department.

Hope this helps, its time to declare war on fido.

Ke

Comments

Jan 11, 2009

You accept an offer from a telemarketer and then you want to declare them war??
    An agreement is legal, even there is no signature...now if you read FIDO's term and conditions it states that you have 15 days satisfaction to cancel all and avoid being stucked with a 2 or 3 years term.
    Please people, be smart and stop being stupid...who will send you a FREE phone?? WHY would you get it...NOTHING IS FREE.
    The reason why SCAMS exist is because you are so gullible!
    Dont accept offers over the phone, ask them to send you writen information, if doesnt exist, then DO NOT TAKE IT...better skip it than being sorry!.
    As per the System Access Fee...who said they dropped it? Their advertising states they have new plans without SAF...and what I understand is that If I dont want to pay SAF I need to call them and get one of the new plans...but before I do that...I better ask, what will be the conditions on them...maybe is not worth it if it will have an impact in my current service...watch out...be smart!

• Ke
      Mar 12, 2009

It is a SCAM.. I already distrust Fido. They have already lost credibility and consumer confidence.. They will get no respect from me.
    As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked so can only use with this or Rogers carriers, which means if you attempt to use another carrier SIM card from another country when you're outside Canada. it will prompt you to "insert SIM" I heard from a AT&T user website in the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido wouldn’t even have been so courteous.
    My next goal is flashing the original firmware (without Fido logo, screensaver or its internet options on it of course)
    This is already one form of protest.. I know that this can be a breach of contract or illegal.. BUT I don't care about Fido nor I am going to use their services anymore as they cheat, swindle us poor customers for their benefit, pleasure and advantage, its their fault.
    Why should I honour the contract when they failed to deliver what the customer wanted, and always
    cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
    Why does the Canadian government support the cruel and bullish behaviours of these Big 3 monopoly companies like Rogers, Telus and Fido?
    Also, I find it very interesting that only Western countries like Canada sell only locked phones such as the Blackberry, iPhone instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and direct insult on the customers intelligence?
    Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price..
    compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. . Whats more, you don't have to worry about getting stuck to one carrier because you are given the choice of locked or unlocked phone of your favourite mobile brands by the retailers (talking about customer protection.. now beat that Fido!)
    One day Fido shall learn its tough lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. They shall be bankrupt like what happened to the GM.
    If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or just unlock it. (or get an experience tech to unlock it for you for a small fee)
    Do NOT, I repeat do not ever deal with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

• Ad
      May 10, 2009

HI,
    I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
    THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

send an email

fido.[protected]@gmail.com

• Me
      Oct 07, 2009
    Fido - Account Screw Up
    FIDO Solutions
    Ontario
    Canada

Fido sucks! They have messed up my account so many times.. charged me over 1200 dollars incorrectly and still continue to screw up. I cleared up my bill and requested them to cancel... they said in a month they would do it... and now they say i owe 500 dollars more... i don't think so. Do not use Fido.. they have horrible customer service and are horrible with maintaining accounts.

•   Dec 09, 2009

Hi Melly1. Sorry to hear your having trouble. If you need assistance, please let me know. You can either reach me via the PM on this site or your can reach out to us at http://www.twitter.com/fidomobile
    Thanks,
    Mary

Dec 27, 2010
    Fido - 88788 METQZ
    fido
    British Columbia
    Canada

Recieved a third party charges just from recieving a text messange about a quiz. Got billed over $15 in just two months. Contract doesn't even cover it.

• Gr
      May 10, 2015

Before i had 500 MB i could watch every night 10 to 15 minutes YouTube now i have 2 GB and for 8 minutes that I watched YouTube I checked my usage it was about 200 MG. they are doing cheating .