[Resolved] FIDO / phone customer service representative

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

When we were signing our phone plans with a different provider and asking for our phones to be unlocked because we legally own the devices after paying off our tab after our 2 year contract finished, the guy wouldn't give us our unlock codes, constantly repeating the same thing over and over, saying we could not do that. That is illegal, fido. Extremely bad customer service. Rude, condescending and unhelpful customer service reps who do not deserve to be in customer service with the attitude I had to endure from that guy. I had to talk to three different representatives before we could get our phone unlock codes for our devices. I don't regret switching over to freedom. At least they don't gouge out your phone bills. And try to stall with their customer service reps so they could try to deter us from switching to a different service provider. Fido used to be amazing 3-4 yrs ago, now they are absolute trash and that guy I spoke to confirmed it for me.

• Resolution statement

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Dec 20, 2018

Hey there!

Julien here from Fido's social media team.

I am sad to learn that you had trouble getting the unlock code for your phones. I can assure you that this is not the kind of experience we want for our customers. I'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate teams so that a situation like this doesn't happen in the future.

- Julien