Fido / boycott fido!

Consumers Beware: Boycott Fido!~ Please welcome to comment, vent your anger on that page on your poor and nasty treatment by Fido, Spread the word around throughout Canada and the world
in the internet so that it will go bankrupt, its reputation tarnished and learns its lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. Sometimes it take a bit of courage
to push those companies to change their nasty habits and thinking as well as their systems and marketing philosophies... Good Luck!!

Ke

Comments

• Sp
      10th of Dec, 2008

I experienced the same poor treatment Fido dishes out at their customers. If you too have decided to boycott Fido then please go on that page and comment on your negative treatment. Let's make sure that they KNOW they can't treat people like this without reprecussions.

11th of Jan, 2009

The way to boycott is by stop using their service...every person is a different customer and have different issues... We all understand things differently.

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2009

I got same type of charges for some shiittty messaging, which I do not even know for what I am getting. I got two bills of 24 $ and 33 $..

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

I have wrote to their executive office and they have not responded in last two weeks. You can call Gaetano Di Falco, office of executive on following address.

1-866-397-3436 ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco
    Attaché, Bureau de la Direction
    Advisor, Office of the Executive
    Fido Solutions Inc.

• Ke
      12th of Mar, 2009

As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked can use with this or Rogers carrier only, I heard in AT&T from the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...
    they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone
    so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido is not this
    My next goal is flashing the original firmware (without Fido logo or its internet options on it of course)
    This is already one form of protest.. I know that this can be a breach of contract or illegal.. BUT I don't care about Fido anymore nor I am going to use their services as they cheat, swindle us poor customers for their pleasure and advantage, its their fault.
    Why should I honour the contract when they failed to deliver what the customer wanted, and always
    cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
    Why the Canadian government support the cruel behaviours of the monopoly companies like the Big three Rogers, Telus and Fido?
    Also, I find it very interesting that only Canada and the UK sells locked phones such as the Blackberry instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and insult on the customers intelligence?
    Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. One day Fido shall learn its tough lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. They shall be bankrupt.
    If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or unlock it.
    Do NOT, I repeat do not ever do business with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

• Ad
      10th of May, 2009

HI,
    I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
    THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

send an email

fido.charges@gmail.com

• Ri
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Fido serviced my cell phone and deleted five years of business and personal contact numbers, half are private and cant be found in Europe especially with ethnic names I cant remember, , but I coded them in first names and places marked, , , my cell I do it my way. They deleted 153 numbers because the sales person pushed the buttons on my pad like it were some toy and made a gross negligent error or did it for fun, Hoew do I know ?
    They offered me a hudred bucks credit, , , wow five years of my work and contacts i made flying 16 times to Europe and back to Toronto, , , thousands and thousands spent, , , im worth only a faction on a credit.

I SAY, , FIDO THROW YOUR IMAGE OF THE NICE DOGGY A CHEAP BONE, , , iM A PITBULL AND I WANT THE STEAK ! i WORKED FOR IT! i WILL BITE YOUR [censor] TILL HELL FREEZES OVER IN COURT, , , YOUR LIABILITY IS NOT WRITTEN TO OVER RIDE THE LAW, , , AND IF THE LAW ALLOWS IT THEN YOUR SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED, , , , AND THAT CALLS FOR RE EVALUATION OF OUR LEGISLATION IN ONTARIO AND FEDERAL LAWS !

A DAVID AND GOLIATH STORY DUDES, , , , JUMP ON BOARD TO THE FREEDOM TRAIN AND LETS KICKTHEIR [censor] AND CALL FOR RESPECT AND DIGNITIES MET WITH RESPECT, , , NOT ABUSE LIKE SHEEP PUT OUT TO SLAUGHTER! WERE NUMBERS THATS IT! WE LIVE IN THEIR REALM AND FANCY OURSELVES AS PRIVELEDGED CELL PHONE YUPPIES AND COOL INDIVIDUALS WHATEVER YOUR POSE MAY BE, , , , , WAKE UP AND BE A SOMEBODY MY MA ALWAYS SAID ! tHATS WHY THEY EAT AT THEIR CAFES AND RESTURANTS AND HANG OUT AT THE ELITE CLUBS, , , THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE US THE AVERAGE GOE, , , , BULL WE ARE EQUAL CANADIANS, , , GOT THAT FIDO, , , ROGERS, , , CANADA, , , , YEAH CANADA YOUR SLIPPING DOWN WITH THE SLEEZE SLUMMING CAPITALIST PIGS THAT DONT RESPECT TRUE ETHICAL CAPITALISM. tHEY ARE AS BAD AS ANY COMMUNIST, AT LEAST COMMIES GAVE IT TO YOU STRAIGHT, , , FIDO PLAYS WORD GAMES AND HIDES BEHIND THEIR UNDERWRITERS WORDS OF SCREENING OUT ALL LIABILITIES THAT FIDO IS NEGLIGENT OF, , , WHO PAYS WHO OFF TO GET AWAY WITH THIS SLIME WE ARE SUPPOSE TO EAT ?

IM NOT EATING IT, , , , BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES, , , ? THATS HOW PEOPLE WERE DECIEVED BY HITLER AND STALIN ETC. WINDOW DRESSING IS THEIR GAME TO LURE YOU IN, , , SAME OLD TRICKS WITH A CREAMY COATING ON THEIR ADVERTISMENTS, , , , MAN WE LIKE THE CREAM I SEE ! MAKES YOU FAT AND LATHARGIC AND DUMB LIKE A COW, , , WAKE UP BITE THEIR [censor] NOT THE GRASS! PIT BULL, , , AGAINST PITBULL, , BUT ONE IS GLORIOUS AND GOOD, , , , US!

X CUSTOMER RICHARD !

• Er
      12th of Dec, 2010

Fido was one of the best network in Canada untill Rogers got their stinking hands on. They came in with their greed and rip off. Rip off? No, actually that is stealing from millions of poor Canadians with high prices, hidden costs and inexplicable charges. I am changing today.
    BOYCOTT FIDO!!!

• De
      20th of Jul, 2016

my conversation with FIDO

Back a few months I went to renew my contract, and purchase a new phone. While going through this process, I was being upsold a new tablet. LG tablet. The sales person was quite aggressive as I did not really need the tablet. I had an Ipad at home. Being persistent she said its only $10 per month. To move on I asked, can I tether my data to this tablet, and she said its ok... saying you have so much on your data plan you wouldnt need to add data. I said that as long as its only $10 bucks a month then to go ahead and sell me the tablet. Its a terrible tablet.
    9:19am
    Alex
    Everything was fine, until 2 months ago, I started seeing an additional charge of charge of $10 for data. Something I did not ask for. Right away I called your CSR and was told that in order to maintain my easy payment, I had to have the data plan. I said this was not what I was told and asked to remove the $10. Sorry, they said, I cannot do that. I was then transferred to a customer care specialist and after a 1 hour conversation, was told that this charge will be removed. I told her that if this charge goes back on my account next month, I will cancel my service.
    9:20am
    Alex
    She proceeded to tell me that this $10 is so unnecessary and a waste of money. Its not worth having. This coming from a customer care specialist. I agreed. I use the table maybe once a month for a game, because it is slow, and useless.
    She said she would keep an eye on my account in the event that this charge would return... sure enough it did.
    I contacted your CSR department again, and after explaining my issue, I asked, is this how a 20 year customer should be treated... and the response was, "well, I guess so"
    That was the last straw...there was no attempt to make it right, now alternative solution, just "would you like to cancel now?"
    Read your contract, was the final quote. I dont reacall signing anything that states data...
    it was time for me to go... this issue has been riddled with lies, disrespect, and manipulating. Something I would have never expected with FIDO... but then i realized, hey, this is Rogers... of course I should expect it.
    9:34am
    Fido
    I'm really sorry about the experience you had Alex.
    Have you been able to review your agreement yet though? You will see the details of your data plan as well as the details of the easy pay.
    I can completely understand how frustrating this can be but unfortunately we can't have an active Easy Pay without an active monthly Plan.
    Our cheapest data plan is the $10 one but we also have a $15 option. By having the data plan active, you were able to get the tablet on a monthly payment basis.
    The tablet can be kept to be used only with tethering or WIFI as long as it is purshased outright.
    I'll make sure to follow up with the person you spoke to in June about removing the plan to make sure they have the right information and this doesn't happen again.
    Sorry again about what happened. I'll be available if you need me.
    -Alyson
    9:38am
    Alex
    I don't give a damn about the contract... that is not what I was told or sold... What was done was being tricked into this damn contract... I was assure when I signed up for the tablet, that this would not happen. This is lies, manipulation and in my opinion illegal. Its B.S. like this that infuriates me. A crappy tablet, with overpriced data and pathetic service on all levels. Even this conversation is wasting my time. I will be taking this up with CRTC or whomever will listen. You folks keep plugging this contract, when I was told verbally by two different people that this is wrong. Such a pathetic company.
    9:40am
    Alex
    Had I know all of this ###, I would not have purchased this tablet. I was dupped and ripped off.
    This is how your company works, like a cheap used car dealership...then I want nothing to do with it.
    With all the lies and misleading information, you think that at least I could either return the tablet, or your company would have done something to make it right. But all i get is this blah blah blah - no wonder so much hate for FIDO.
    9:51am
    Fido
    I'm really sorry to read you feel this way and it's unfortunate if there was any misunderstanding in how the agreement, plan and easy pay work. The details you were given above are all accurate and also as stated on the agreement. If you have any other question, we're making ourselves avaialble.
    Thanks,