FIA Card Services / Cancelling credit lines for no reason

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Get this - FIA seems to be going on a rampage - my wife had applied to one of their offers for a "new" signature card because it was offered without a fee.

They called her and during the course of the discussion determined that she didn't work ( she's been a stay at home mom for 25 years). At which point the customer service agent told her he was not going to approve her and would even lower her current credit limit. Needles to say - she was pissed and told him so..

So it turns out the little vindictive ### types it up wrong ... and subsequently reports that I don't work ... so get this - they summarily cancel BOTH of my credit cards and my wifes as well ( all which had a zero balance of course) - without telling us! ( well - we did get a letter - 10 days later). Needles to say all ties to BofA have been severed - after 25 years of carefully building my credit - some low level idiot wipes out about 80K of credit line - because one of their customer service agents sucks - Good Riddance BOA.

Comments

• Ga
      13th of Jul, 2009

I had a credit card with Wachovia which was transferred to FIA in April 2009. I have a perfect payment record and always pay more than the minimum. I had a phone call from one of their "Senior Credit Analysts" (and I do use that term loosely) today who started a friendly conversation about how they wanted to update information and before the call was finished he lowered my credit limit supposedly because of a new federal law and raised my interest rate. I never use this credit card and actually shredded it a few months ago. I told him that I would close the account because I did not agree to the new terms. He told me that I could not do that since I had already been made aware of the new terms but that the bank could close the card and it would reflect negatively on my credit report. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was informed that he had the final say. I did find out that he has a manager but the manager will not speak directly to customers but will call me in 72 hours. I called back and got someone equally as arrogant an incompetent. I am paying off the balance at the end of the month and then will be through with them.