FedExillegal use of usps mailbox

For several years I had a great Fedex delivery guy for my area. He knew all his customers and where best to leave packages safely. I asked the temporary new delivery person where he went and was told he was upset with Fedex and quit. I know the feeling. My house is situated on a lake with the mailbox 1/10 of a mile from the house on the roadside along with 9 other mailboxes. A couple of months ago I filed a case with USPS since myself and my neighbors have repeatedly had our mail stolen. Not really happy with USPS since their solution was to get a P.O. Box. My solution was to use Fedex for anything important. Yesterday I was home all day yet I went to the mailbox to find a Fedex door tag hung on the outside of my mailbox, inside was the Fedex envelope which contained a check from my company. I called Fedex explained the problem and I am still waiting to hear back. Fedex it is ILLEGAL for you to use a USPS mailbox! Companies are only as good as their employees. I suspect this employee was hired for less than my previous delivery guy and was simply too lazy to do his/her job of making deliveries. I will wait until tomorrow to hear back from Fedex and see what type of action they will take. Otherwise I will figure out who the proper authorities are to contact and let Fedex answer to them for their offense.

Ac

Comments

• Ac
      Dec 07, 2012

UPDATE FROM FEDEX EPISODE---I received a call from Barbara. She was very pleasant and apologized for what happened. Given the problem she will notify "management" and have them call me. I let them know that at least one other person has had their USPS mailbox used by Fedex which was posted on another sight.

Robert Lewis the manager from the local Georgia Fedex office then called to apologize and let me know a letter will go out to management and this will not happen again. His tone was short and business like, less friendly than Barbara. Understandable since he is aware that they can be sued by USPS. Really a letter will go out??? I am not an attorney and I know you can’t use USPS boxes. What good is sending a letter stating not to do what you already know should not have been done? On my end, at the very least I think Fedex should have offered to refund my company the fee they charged for delivering the envelope. They made no offer. Made no attempt to ask how to make this right in my mind. If they would have asked I would have said, I want a different delivery person. SHAME ON YOU FEDEX. I asked Robert how they were going to resolve the issue with the driver. He said they would not discuss it. My opinion of Fedex. They were once a great company. Now they don't hire or train good employees and they don't care what their customers think. After seeing all the complaints posted it is apparent they don’t care.

I learned something new today. Not reporting a crime is called Misprision of felony. My luck I would be charged for not reporting a crime. I looked it up on the internet it exists. So for those of you with knowledge of Fedex using USPS mailboxes there is now an open case #ca [protected] filed with the postal inspector. This reminds of the final episode of Seinfeld.

• Sh
      Jan 29, 2017

Actually...it is NOT illegal to place something in your mailbox...Does the USPS OWN YOUR MAILBOX? Correct, YOU do...Should it get damaged, who pays for the replacement...that's right...YOU DO!!! Learn your facts holmes!!!

• Se
      May 04, 2018

@Shtinkalikamouf wrong, wrong, wrong. See: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/USPS-Removes-Package-from-Womans-Mailbox-Charges-Fee-To-Get-it-Back-398479491.html

Dec 07, 2018

Yes @Shtinkalikamouf, I suggest you make sure you understand the facts before you begin to make statements that are NOT true and start ranting for no reason. From the Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual, Section 3.1.3:

Except under 3.2.11, Newspaper Receptacle, the receptacles described in 3.1.1
    may be used only for matter bearing postage. Other than as permitted by 3.2.10,
    Delivery of Unstamped Newspapers, or 3.2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be
    used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed
    upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any
    mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the
    same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail.