Fedex / claims employee lies

1 United States

If you have had a packaged damaged by fedex, make sure to tape record all conversations with fedex for later litigation use. You will for sure need it as they will lie and do everything they can to dismiss your claim. The tape recording they play before all incoming phone calls states that "this call may be recorded for quality control purposes". This allows you to record the call. Also California State law allows the recording of calls as long as one of the parties(you) is aware of the recording. Your state may have similar laws.In my case, I shipped an item with a declared value of $1300 and when it arrived it was damaged. I immediately called to make a claim and was told to take it to get an estimate of repair. When I told them of the estimate and repair cost, I was told that the claim will be denied because the damaged item had left the recipient's hands. After arguing with the claims person, he said that if I could get the repair done for $500 or less, he would slip it through. Two days later I received a letter dated the same day as our conversation stating that the claim had been denied. Out of the four people I spoke to at fedex, all of them lied!I will no longer do any business with that crooked company.