Family Dollar Storesfamily dollar store #07012 monroe, mi feb 24, [protected]@11:30 am

02-23-2018 @ 15:01:12 I made a huge purchase at the Family Dollar #07012. Realized I purchased 2 of same items after I got home and also realized an item didn't get clipped with my smart coupon once home. So this morning, 02-24-2018 @ 11:30 am with my granddaughters I took the oxi clean to return for $3.95 and I had bottle of Gain liquid softener for $4.75 that I wanted to use my Smart coupon that got missed. The manager wouldn't return my items.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Monroe, CT Was giving me a really hard time in front of my girls . Kept telling me I used smart coupon to get deal n it wouldn't give it back to me but she would not even ring it up on register to show me. Then was telling me that Family Dollar isn't suppose to even take back stuff like that .. And she was pointing to my laundry soap & softener saying it was name brand items. The line was full behind me &I was getting very frustrated for wanting to get back $3.95 and $2.00 smart coupon..after spending $71

Ks
Feb 24, 2018

Comments

•   Feb 24, 2018

$71 is a huge purchase? I don’t know why the return wasn’t allowed but there had to be a reason. If she wouldn’t let you do the coupon deal, go back when another manager is there and ask. I’d call first, explain nicely and politely that you made a mistake, ask if they can rectify the situation, get their name, then go back in a day or two. From your tone, it appears that you were angry and you probably didn’t speak calmly or politely.

•   Feb 25, 2018

Yep. I understand being upset but you have to be polite or else they out you through hell. Mistakes happen but deal with it, get over it, and move on.