Expedia / airline ticket

1 United States

I purchased an airline ticket through the company website a month ago. The flight was about to depart on 6:15 am on October 11, 2018. Due to unannounced Motorway closures in departure city, I could not make to the airport until just before the flight. I was lucky enough to get past security at the airport and head off to the gate in under 10 minutes in a large airport like Heathrow. However when I arrived at the gate, it was closed although it was still 5 minutes prior to departure time and I learned later that the flight departed at 6:11 instead of 6:15. I was told by the gate staff that I needed to see someone from airline assistance team team who were going to rebook me on the next flight with no charges. I reached out to the airline assistance team who said that I was late for the flight and they wanted me to pay GBP1155 in order to reissue the ticket. Because this was out of my budget I decline and head back out of the airport trying to find an alternative flight. An hour later I received an email from expedia.com stating that the airline changed my flight into another flight departing at 10:40 the same day. The email asked me whether I accept those change and if I did not to call expedia to discuss the airline options which as limited as the email stated. Out of joy I hit accept changes button and head back to the airport. I tried to check in at the airport when I was told that I needed to speak with the ticketing office as my ticket had not been reissued yet. I went to speak with ticketing office who advised that I would need to pay GBP950 for the ticket to be issued to the 10:40 flight despite expedia failing to mention anything about additional payment. I called expedia. who as expected blamed it all on me rather than trying to offer help. Being disappointed by expedia's response I had to purchase another ticket and I paid the full fare for another airline instead of the original airline I was flying with.

Em