[Resolved] Etihad Airways / luggage damage and rude staff
I have always been impressed with the service in every department of this world class airline until yesterday. I was on a flight from Rome to South Africa on EY 604 and my two Celeni bags were checked all the way to Johannesbourg. When I went to the carousel I saw one of my bags was taped up with red tape. At first I thought it had been opened by security but later saw it had been dropped and had burst. I took it to the customer service counter of Etihaid and had a rude staff member tell me I had overloaded it. I said no way it was less than 20kg. We went for a long walk to find a working scale. I told her these bags are rated to carry 35kg so in no way were overloaded. The case weighed 17.7 kg. She still insisted she was right, I then video taped the scale and her which caused her to be even more rude. I can provide the video if needed.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Mar 30, 2016
Dear Mr. McDonald
Were sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and would like to investigate this further! To do so, kindly send this feedback to [protected]@etihad.ae and we will ask our team to create a formal case and update you as soon as possible.
Again please accept our apologies and we do hope to hear from you soon *GW
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour by staff
- Etihad Airways - service deficiency 
- Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unable to redeem miles