Etihad Airways / baggage handling

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I travelled from US (Chicago) to India (Bangalore) via Abu dhabi with Etihad Airlines on 8thDec2018 (boarding) and 10th Dec2018(Landed at bangalore). When I reached home I observed with sleepy eyes (morning 3 AM) that one of my Check-in bag is torn and the Chassis was damaged. So I called their baggage service center at Bangalore, I dont know after how many attempts I got the person to answer the call.

Complaint#1: They say they are available 24 Hrs but no, call them after 11AM and before 3PM to receive a response.

Then, She asked me to email blrkkey@etihad.ae with necessary proofs. I sent my booking ref#, date and time of the travel and pictures of the torn bag.

Complaint#2: Found no response even after waiting for a week and then Sent many mails but couldn't get them to respond to not even one. Its been a month, but still None of the Etihad staff had contacted me.

This is the worst ever service I can Imagine.

Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2019

Hi Shiva, please forward this email to baggageclaims@etihad.ae and Baggage Team will assist you with your case. Thank you. *Rose

Sh
Jan 9, 2019

Comments

• Fl
      10th of Jan, 2019

The complaint does not disclose
    - name / address / email of passenger
    - air carrier name
    - e-ticket,
    - baggage tag,
    - text of claim.

All claims on damaged baggage has to be submitted to the air carrier, who had issued the bag tag, not later than 7 days from the flight at the destination airport or at the site.
    The comlaints which do not disclose the above, can not be accepted by the air carrier.

All disputed related to damages are subject of the examination by the court.
    The lawyer fees start from Rs5000 + Rs2000 government charges for such type of cases, if for Indian court.