Etihad Airways / baggage handling
I travelled from US (Chicago) to India (Bangalore) via Abu dhabi with Etihad Airlines on 8thDec2018 (boarding) and 10th Dec2018(Landed at bangalore). When I reached home I observed with sleepy eyes (morning 3 AM) that one of my Check-in bag is torn and the Chassis was damaged. So I called their baggage service center at Bangalore, I dont know after how many attempts I got the person to answer the call.
Complaint#1: They say they are available 24 Hrs but no, call them after 11AM and before 3PM to receive a response.
Then, She asked me to email email@example.com with necessary proofs. I sent my booking ref#, date and time of the travel and pictures of the torn bag.
Complaint#2: Found no response even after waiting for a week and then Sent many mails but couldn't get them to respond to not even one. Its been a month, but still None of the Etihad staff had contacted me.
This is the worst ever service I can Imagine.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2019
Hi Shiva, please forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Baggage Team will assist you with your case. Thank you. *Rose
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airways - lost luggage and and bag lock broken by someone at allama iqbal international airport lahore pakistan
- Etihad Airways - etihad guest services membership issue
- Etihad Airways - changed our confirmed booking without notifying us
- Etihad Airways - delay on a flight
- Etihad Airways - damaged baggage