[Resolved] Ethank Allen / Window Treatment Nightmare

27079 Chagrin BlvdWoodmere, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 216.765.1358
I ordered window treatments end of May/start of June 2008.

A week after I placed the order, the sales rep Candy Murdock called me and told me the fabric is out of stock and I needed to pick a new one, which I did (and was charged an additional $300 on top of the $4300 that was initially quoted).

I was told someone would contact me mid of July with completion date updates. They did not and July 23rd I called Ethan Allen and they told me Candy "was no longer with the company" and neither was her boss. A new woman called me, Betsy and said she was to take care of my order. She told me over the phone that she thought something was wrong wiht the order and she came over that same day to show me the window treatments. Well not only was one of them incorrect, they were ALL incorrect. The hardware was not covered in the back like it should have been, the fabric was too short/not long enough, the sides of the fabric was VELCROED(which I think is RIDICULOUS for that amount of money on 3 sets of windows), amongst other things. She gathered her things and told me it would take another 4-6 weeks to "make things right".

Well after another 2 weeks of arguing with her district manager, they finally gave me a $500 discount and removed the additional $300 markup. They then told me the new fabric would be in August 10th and it would go to the workroom and they would start on it. Well fabric didn't come in until the 17th and we were then out another week. Then they told me it would be installed by Labor Day. They were not ready then. THEN I was told they were going to install it on Friday Sept 6th in the morning...Betsy called me the day before and said they didn't ship all the parts and it would have to wait until the following week. So then we schedule an installation date of 9/11 at 8am. At 8:15am, I get a call from the store manager stating Betsy had a family emergency and couldn't make it.

At this point, I had it. I have NEVER delt with such a debocle of a company before. I cancelled my order and told them I wanted my initial deposit of $2300 refunded asap.

I am planning on writing a certified complain to the CEO as well as obtaining an attorney to compensate my time, money, and energy lost.

Resolution statement

Ethan Allen Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2008

Dear Ms. Reznichenko

We have received your correspondence and are in the process of reviewing it. We will be responding this week. I appreciate you contacting Ethan Allen directly and allowing us the opportunity to resolve this situation.

Best regards,
Paula Mandeville
Director, Client & Retail Services
203.743.8257

Comments

Li
  14th of Oct, 2008
Once my complaint was received by the corporate office, I was contacted by Marsha O'Donnell, who for the past couple of weeks worked with me diligently to resolve the entire situation. I am very impressed by how serious they took my complaint and how it was remidied. My window treatments were installed and I'm happy to say, look wonderful!

In summary, even though a lot of mental exhaustion and annoyances went into this project, the final outcome was worth it.
  14th of Oct, 2008