Enterprise Rent A Car / poor service

Enterprise Rent A Car
1377 HWY 501
Myrtle Beach
Phone: 843-626-4277
On Saturday, July 18, 2009, I had an auto accident as I was heading back home out of state. The car had to be towed, and my insurance agent told me all that I had to do was call Enterprise Rent A Car, since they were the rental company of choice. I had called the Enterprise Rent A Car national office, explained the situation, and they told me to go to the Myrtle Beach Airport location to pick up a car. They even gave me a confirmation number. I had to pay for a taxi to take me and my sister to the airport. When I arrived at the airport, I was told by the clerk that I was at the wrong location to get my car. I had to go to a different Enterprise to get a car. So I called the taxi company again, and got to the correct location. When I arrived at the correct location, I was met by an associate, told her that I had gotten a confirmation and was there to pick up a car. This location closes at 1:00 PM on Saturdays, and we arrived at 12:45. I told the girl my name, gave her my confirmation number and was ready to get a car. She asked to see my drivers license and a credit card. I handed her both. My credit card is a credit/debit card. Told me that she could not use that, and that it had to be a major credit card. Explained that I didn't have a major credit card. She told me that she couldnt rent me a car because of that. I called my agent again, who offered to put any charges on my insurance companys' card to confirm rental, she told him NO. This girl, Kristen, had no sensitivity that my sister and I were stranded in Myrtle Beach with no way home. She was just ready to go home and she didnt care.She made NO attempts to offer any type of assistance or what other means were available. Thank GOD for Allegiant Airlines, who had extremely cheap flights the next day for us to go home. I just feel that Enterprise Rent A Car showed VERY POOR customer service.

N  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Actually nonnie, a debit card is NOT considered a major credit card. Debit card rentals hold increased liability and many rental agencies will not use them. The agent would have probably gotten fired if she rented to your card or the insurance companies card (as they were not present). I'm sorry abut your ordeal and your expreience, but you can try to contact Enterprise corporate for a solution.

Enterprise Holdings Logo Enterprise Holdings