Enterprise Rent A Car / charges for damage that happened after car dropped off

8121 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 225-929-7560

I am being invoiced for damage to a rental car that happened after the car was returned. There was a small dent under the driver's side bumper when the car was returned, the employee found it when he got under the car. The damage I am being invoiced for is for obvious damage to the passenger's side fender and wheel, not at all what was found when the car was returned. The photos I was given were taken 3 days after the car was returned, and the car had 38 more miles although the body shop is only 0.6 miles from the branch. The branch manager will not return my calls and the Damage Recovery Unit tells me that there is nothing they can do. I have now been given an invoice that states I have 10 days to pay - for damage that very obviously was not there when the car was returned.

Hw

Comments

• En
      27th of Mar, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Please email [protected]@enterprise.com with your full name, your contact information, the rental agreement, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference # 120327-002980 in the subject line.

-Amanda
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Hw
      27th of Mar, 2012

Amanda,
    I have sent an e-mail to you detailing the complaint. Any help will be appreciated.

• Un
      6th of Aug, 2012

I had a similar issue with enterprise, and took them to small claims court to get my deductible back. From this I uncovered that if you return the car after hours, or to a satellite location than you are responsible for the vehicle until they check it in, which could be anytime (even a month!). I'm interested connecting with other folks who had similar issues to talk about legal rights. If you'd like to learn more about taking some legal action, please contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com (not associated with Enterprise, just don't want to give out my personal e-mail). Hope to hear from anyone soon.