Enterprise / enterprise car rental insurance scam

United States Review updated:

On 16th of Nov my Insurance Company arranged a rental car for from Enterprise as my own car was damaged. While I took the car the representative looked at the car and marked the existing damages in the car. But she didn’t look into car by sitting low. I also didn’t know that they should look by sitting low so that they can see the bottom panel below the door. There was damage already in the car’s bottom panel below the door which she didn’t notice. When I went to return the car there was another representative and he looked into the car by sitting low and found that damage.

I did mention to him that the lady didn’t look at the car the way you are doing it. That’s how she missed it. The damage was already present and I’m not responsible for that. The damage has rust on it, so that way you know it’s done long before. I’ve the picture of the damage. I had the vehicle only for 3 days. But he didn’t agree and said since it was not mentioned in the paper you have to be responsible for that. I’m just pissed about the fact because of one employee’s fault I’m responsible for a damage that I didn’t do. The matter is still with their claims department. But one thing for sure I’m never going to rent a car from Enterprise in future.

Whoever reading this make sure you really look into car while renting it thoroughly. Normal body scratch you would be able to see, but make sure you check the lower portion of the car.

Comments

• En
      15th of May, 2012

Enterprise Rent A Car
    We've taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 120516-001567 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
    Genelle
    Enterprise Rent A Car

• Fr
      26th of Nov, 2012

My partner has just flew into the uk for a week and few days and I booked an enterprise car for her to pickup and they have said that they require a further 72 pounds extra on insurance so that if she came back with any damage/scratch etc., she does not have to pay an extra 600 quid...is this a rip off or what??