[Resolved] Enterprise Car Rental / fraud and cheating

1 450 Sunrise Highway, West Islip, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 631-669-5500

Received a rental car from the West Islip Enterprise on Monday, Feb.8, 2009, after waiting 45 minutes. Quickly looked over car and man from rental place drove the car to my home and I drove him back. Parked car on my driveway and when I came out a little later I noticed there was a dent (8-9 inches) on passengers lower door which I missed this morning.

So I immediately drove the car back to show the man in the rental place and have him make a note of the dent I had missed on the car this morning. All of this only put 4 miles on the car.

When I went to return the car On Tuesday morning, the man came out of the rental place and checked the gas and went back in and drove me home. A few hours later I get a call from my insurance company to say that Enterprise called them and told them I was in a car accident with their car.

I was shocked!

When I called Enterprise to asked what was going on, I found out they had besides calling my insurance, had also send the car to an auto body shop, and they said I was responsible for it.

This all happened within a few hours, they are definitely pulling some kind of a Scam and I don't know what to do. They also said they didn't know what the damage on the car was it could even be totaled out.

Oh my goodness, what are they doing any help would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone beware of Enterprise Rental company in West Islip, something illegal is definitely going on there.

• Resolution statement

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2019

Donny,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@Enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Carol H.

Do

Comments

• Ri
      8th of Apr, 2009

Rented from Enterprise April 2009. The car was just dropped off by another customer and so I took it, as they were closing and it was fuel efficent. But since it was not clean I did not notice two very tiny ding's to the windshield near the edge, not even the size of rice. Oddly their manager went right to them as I pulled it back in a couple days later [it was much cleaner after hours in the rain]. ---- He was pretty nasty about it and said it was going to cost hundreds to fix, either my insurance or out of my pocket. After lots of complaining they have dropped the cost to $ 55. I suspect that a couple small drops of special glue for this kind of thing was all they did, costing what, a dollar at most? ------- They had the key as they checked the milage and gas level yet they are trying to blame losing it on me also! ----- Obviously they are grasping at profits by hitting customers for any BS they can possibly think of. The office grounds are also a mess.

• Ka
      26th of Jan, 2019

Stay away. They won't respond to any complaints and are very unprofessional. Consider other agencies like Alamo or budget.

• En
      28th of Feb, 2019

@Kareen Henriksen Kareen Henriksen, we'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email [protected]@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

• Ka
      26th of Jan, 2019

Consider other options like Alamo or budget. They do not return calls about disputed claims and are very unprofessional. Total rip off. Stay away!