[Resolved] Empire Today / wood floors, living room, stairs and hallway

1 United States

I scheduled an appt. for installation of hard wood floors (engineered wood) on May 18rh. Living room, stairs and hallway a week in advance with Victor, sales rep. When the installers came they said they could not give me the rounded bottom step that I wanted and they came with laminate flooring. I rejected them. Made another appt. for the following week, Friday, 5/25/18. The installers came, ready to work, four guys. and said that step was suppose to have been ordered. I called the sales rep. Victor who then stated in so many words take it or leave it. We decided to take it, but there has been one problem after another. The installlers started the job at 9:30am until 9:pm and didnt finished. That was a Friday. I was told they would come back on the following Tuesday, which wasn't convenient for me. I said Wednesday was better. Anyway, my furniture was place in the grass outside without any plalstic under it. I also had company on Memorial Day and all the material they left was exposed. I called and complained to Selina who credited our acct. $100. We still received a call on Tuesday saying they would be out after 9am, so I had to reject them because I personally discussed it with the installer that Tuesday was not good for us but Wednesday was. On Wednesday they didn't call or show. I called and was told they didn't have the material to complete the job. 😡 They should not have started the job without having all the material they needed. When they finally came back the installer told me himself they didn't have all the materials and apologized then said when he finishes the job I'd be satisfied. Ok, so I noticed a few minor problems and call them back to fix the problems. I took off work for them to come here for a half hour. (Observe/look at the issue.) The Installer said he had to order supplies to fix the problem and hasn't returned yet. One excuse after another. Constantly in touch with supervisors who can only apologize for them. It's been over a month, and the installers have not yet come back. Jennifer called and we set an appt. for today, July 6, 2018. They called this morning and by 5:30pm, haven't showed up. I called supervisors Jennifer, Selina and Yvette and sales manager Victor over and over again. Today, I spoke to Selina who spoke to installers while I was on hold. She stated the could come out between 8-9pm tonite or between 8-9am tomorrow. Seriously!! I've done business with Empire on two other occasions and have never experienced anything like this before. Can someone help me please. They are holding up process. My painters are on hold until they complete this job. 😫😠😢 I have a video and pictures. I could not activate ur video or camera to send. Please call me, ASAP!!!

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jul 09, 2018

Deidre, we know delays can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you soon to discuss your concerns.

Fr