[Resolved] Empire Today / vinyl flooring incomplete and no carpeting installed, but several reschedule dates.

1 United States

I hired Empire today to install vinyl floors and carpeting for my dining room and living room area. After the installer did the vinyl floors he informed me that he doesn't install the matching transition, but the carpet installer will do it. Later that evening, the carpet installer arrived and did have the right size carpet to install. He also stated that he doesn't install the matching floor transition, that the vinyl floor installer supposed to do it. He only installs the carpet with an very ugly silver metal transition. So I had to reschedule the carpet install for the following week also contact the office to ask about the matching floor transition that I ordered. The following installation date arrives and I received an email and a phone call the day of the install around 9am that the carpet installer was on his way and that I was the first install of the day. At 4pm I have a no show and no follow up call. So I called the office to only be told that the installer went to another install and wanted to reschedule mines. I was also told that there is no manager to speak with, they all go home at 4pm. Now here I am with half vinyl floor with no matching floor transition and exposed subfloor, no carpet and awaiting a return call from management to resolve the unprofessionalism of their installers. I no longer want the service from Empire Today and refuse to spend another whole day waiting anymore and request that the matching floor transition is installed, also a full refund for the carpet order. Very poor customer service!

Empire Today

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, May 25, 2018

Christopher,
    Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you soon,
    Thank you.