[Resolved] Empire Today / carpet installation

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

Horrid company. They're extremely low bid should've raised a red flag for me, alas, I was baited and they switched.

Customer service is atrocious. They can commit only to a 10-hour window for installation. The poor installer subcontracting to them didn't receive any instructions, only the material. And the material they received wasn't what we ordered.

What they're good for? Quick, cheap, shoddy material that if you don't care how it's going to look, will be installed sometime within the 10 hours you're waiting at house.

If you're looking for a decent product represented by a respectable company, then go local. Empire Today appears to have the same corporate infrastructure as the bygone Communist Party of the old USSR.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Apr 27, 2016

Dear Stephanie,
    We appreciate you sharing your story, and are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your overall Empire experience. Enjoy the new look and feel of your home!

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Apr, 2009

We had Rocco in our home for an estimate for a small carpet installation. He gave us a price that was supposedly reduced, it was not. We agreed because we were living with a bare hallway floor and the competition charges for estimates!! We chose a berber carpet, known for durability and beauty. We chose from a TINY SAMPLE...I ASKED FOR A DARK COLOR, HE GAVE ME THE DARKEST...SUPPOSEDLY... HE ALSO SAID IT WAS THE TOP GRADE OF BERBER, IT ISN'T!!! Once installed, we were pleased enough, looks fine, BUT within 5 weeks of the original install, the carpet was running!!! Like pantyhose running!!! So, we called, got a bit of a run around and after five calls had someone JUST SHOW UP TO OUR HOME!!! Thankfully, someone was home...They re-installed what was once a seamless carpet with now 2 seams!!! That's 3 pieces of carpet for a HALLWAY!!! WITHIN HOURS, THE NEW CARPET HAD A RUN!!! Now, as I wait on hold for a rep to get back to me, after 4 calls again, I wonder if they will respond or if they will just give me the same run around?? They all say the same rehearsed lines and all contradict one another!! "thank you for calling empire today, your call is very important to us, we will be with you shortly!" ###!!!

• St
      25th of Apr, 2016

I need the new carpets in my house, I saw the commercial on T.V. said 1/2 price sale, so i called the Empire Today, Price is fair, I did new carpets in my
    house on April 21, 2016. I love it, it so soft and looked so beautify in my house. I highly recommend to anyone who needs a new carpets. They did very
    profesional done, They hauled off the old carpet and cleaned up before they leave. I am very satisfied and highly recommend this company to anyone.
    100% percent happy and I will call Empire Today in future needs. Thank you Empire Today.