[Resolved] Empire Today / poor installation. terrible customer service and resolution

1 Glenn Dale, MD, United States Review updated:

I had new vinyl installed in our bathroom Feb. 15, 2018. The installer, called "Lucy", did do a good job on the vinyl itself, but the baseboards are terrible. There are gaping holes along the edges and the areas behind the toilet and next to the tub are both sticking out and look like she just slapped it on. In addition, she made a huge mess with water and solvents and did not clean it up, leaving a stain on the floor outside the bathroom.
I have made 15+ calls to Empire's customer service department, since the day of install, with no resolution. I have asked for another installer to come out and fix it, NOT Lucy. About 3 weeks ago, an inspector came out to look at it. Empire then scheduled an installer to come yesterday, 3/19/2018. No one came out. When I contacted Empire this morning, they were confused by the news and when asked who they had given the job to, they said, "a lady named Lucy"; after I asked repeatedly and, know that it has been documented, that I do not want Lucy to come back. This may also be part of the reason she didn't bother to come out yesterday.
I want to speak with a district or regional manager to get this resolved, as soon as possible, as it is now apparent that the local affiliation cannot handle this issue.
Please understand I am not one who would usually complain in this way. I have had two other flooring installations by Empire, one laminate and one carpet, and both were completely with the upmost professionalism and competence.
Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Mar 22, 2018

Dear Customer,
    Your satisfaction is a priority to us, and we're saddened to hear that your vinyl installation did not meet your expectations. We'll be in following up with you shortly to start working on a resolution.
    Thank you.
    -ET Customer Support

Jo
Mar 20, 2018

Comments

• To
      23rd of Mar, 2018

I also had vinyl installed with a lot of damage to my baseboards, tile and walls. I will never have vinyl installed in any other home we own. This was also done by Empire Today several months ago and is still not resolved.

• Le
      30th of Mar, 2018

I had the same thing happen to me!!
    I’m working on getting different (better)
    Installers to handle the baseboards and quarter inch round.
    It’s a mess!
    This will be the second time coming back from the initial installation!
    Good luck to you!

• To
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Leslie,
    To you as well. As it turns out, the original installers are usually sent back to correct their errors. Empire Today has good customer relations department and I continue to communicate with them to resolve my issues. Do you in California?