Empire Today / rick - cancelation process - they totally bully you

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I had an empire sales person come out to my house and I decided to purchase a kitchen floor from them. At signing, they emphatically inform you have 3 days to cancel with no obligation. Today, my husband and I decided to cancel and I called and was completely bullied and told off by the customer service cancel representative, his name is rick. He would not listen to me. He kept asking me and kept asking me, why do you want to cancel? What don't you like? At first, I was going to buy into their marketing and let the sale sit for a week or two so I could shop around but when he would not give me in writing his promise that the sale would pend, I decided to cancel all together. (My contact I signed said 3 days to cancel, well this rick wanted me wait for 1-2 weeks and leave the sale pending - I was willing to but he would not send me any email or documentation) well, this is when it got ugly. He said things such as, " well, we spent our time on you at least you can tell us why you want to cancel? Why? Well, we don't even want your business anymore. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and he would not transfer me until I told him why I wanted to speak to him. He was so rude and fast talking it makes me sick. Funny thing is, my co-worker who was sitting next to me also booked a 3 room job with them this weekend and he called immediatly and cancelled his order after witnessing what I just went through. Never again. Don't do business with empire. Go to home depot or lowe's or anywhere else. It feels like they are scam artists or something. Gross feeling. I hope this helps you make your decision.

Comments

• Sm
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Why don't you take your big behind and go to Home Depot to begin with. Your problem was price, if you don't want to pay don't call shop at home service. Sales Representative waisted gas and time on you. Shop at home is convenience for which you pay. You should be a shame to place this type of complaint

• Bu
      24th of Mar, 2010

A member of our customer service team has been in contact with you to offer options for a resolution. Please contact us at 800-588-2300 to assist with all your concerns.

Sincerely,