Empire Today, LLC / service & warranty issues

1 1200 B Taylors Ln, Suite 3BCinnaminson, NJ, United States
Phone: 800-588-2300

My husband and I were never given the information required to cover our carpet & padding under warranty should the need arise. The salesman told us we would receive it w/in 14 days.

We were not diligent and trusted the salesman. We (1) don't have the information to identify which warranties apply to our carpet (or padding) AND we don't have proof of purchase in the form of an ITEMIZED bill/statement identifying price paid for carpet (padding) excluding labor which is REQUIRED by Mohawk (if we INDEED HAVE MOHAWK CARPETING AND PADDING)...we don't even have proof of THAT!

Salesman, "Harry Kennedy", said the installer should have left the warranties but, he would take care of getting me the information I needed. He said that the carpet had 10-yr and the padding a 5-yr warranty).

Spoke to Yomaira Ruiz, customer service, a number of times but still don't have the required information in writing.

06/10/08 I received another call from Yomaira
* She said she spoke to another salesman & was told that there was NO padding warranty
* She doesn't understand what I am trying to explain about the warranty in relation to the "Mohawk Residential Carpet Warranty Brochure"...I told her the brochure doesn't help if the information I was given on my carpet isn't listed in the brochure...I told her to look my carpeting up in the brochure...she put me on hold for and never came back to the call, so I hung up.

06/10/08 I called [protected] & asked for the office of the President. Instead I was transferred to Ranisha Odem's voicemail.
I called back & asked Rebecca Clark X40195 AGAIN for the office of the President but got a voice mail. I called a 3rd time and asked who these people were that I was being transferred to & was told something like "customer satisfaction specialists"...I said I didn't want to speak to anyone else in customer service!!! She took my name/number & transferred me to the "Director of Customer Experience" Ron Dewert...I left voice mail with my information.

06/13/08 Received an "Empire Limited workmanship & Servicing Warranty" in the mail
It reads...
"This is a labor warranty provided by the Empire company from which you purchased your goods and services (one of the quality companies making up the Empire family - Empire Today, LLC; Empire Home Services, LLC; or Empire Home Improvements, LLC (Empire") to you, the original consumer purchaser ("Owner")...
Please consult your product and manufacturer warranties for further coverages. Warranties are available for inspection prior to signing of the sale agreement or purchase order"
The manufacturer warranty is what I am unable to get from Empire today!!!

07/10/08 Filed a complaint w/Better Business Bureau

Intend to contact Mohawk to report their practices. Hopefully, once they see this site they won't want to supply carpeting to Empire Today. I KNOW that I'd never use them again. I suppose they are large enough they don't have to rely on repeat customers.

Jo