[Resolved] Empire Today / customer service from empire today san francisco market

1 San Francisco, CA, United States

The designer lady was great. The price is fair. Then the worst experience of my life. Day of install (Saturday May 19th) I get a call saying they cannot come at 8am but between 1 to 3pm. Installers arrive at 12 noon. Then they told me it wasn't in my paper work that I had tiles underneath when I remember 100% that the designer lady put that info in there. Also, why wouldn't you be prepared with all your tools just in case of any type of flooring. Installers did a great job with the 1st 3 rooms but could not do the master room b/c of the tiles. Spoke to the install manager who said he will have someone come out on Tuesday to finish. We had to wait 3 days for them to return so we decided to not put the furniture back so we wouldn't have to move it all again. I take unpaid time off on Tuesday. No installers. I call Empire and find out I was not on the schedule for Tuesday. The man said the installers did not turn my paper work back in to be rescheduled but as Completed and he is going to figure it out and call me in a few hours. Few hours later NO call so I call and speak to a woman. She states she sees a "ticket" has been placed and I would receive a call in 24 hours to resolve it. 48 hrs pass, NO call NO voicemail. I call back, a man answers and says oh they will call you in 24 "business" hrs. so maybe by tomorrow (Friday). WTF?! I have called a gazillion times and I get the same exact response. "I called them and left a message to call you" "I put in a ticket you will be contacted in 24 hrs" Fast forward today (May 31st) Still no call from anyone to resolve this. Stop telling people 24 hrs. Just tell the truth and say they'll call you within a few months. It's so frustrating that they don't have communication skills to be considerate of customers. My mom's bed was the 1st thing we moved out of her room. It is blocked by heavy dressers, desks, tables, media centers. She has been sleeping on the floor and couch for 2 weeks. We do not have the man power to move all these things to get her bed. I just ask for communication! That way I know if it a waste to call family who live an hour away to get her bed or not if their going to come soon. IDK?!!! On top of that we had to relocate a get together because of all the furniture in the living room. So unprofessional. If I would've known so many reviews just like mine, I would have never called them in the 1st place. I would have got local installers. I try to cancel btw... same thing "I put in a ticket and you will get a call in 24hrs". Seriously I feel like banging my head. The worst experience. So frustrated. My mom's back hurts. I lost a day off pay. I thought I was done with this review but I just remembered more!!! They told us we had to demolish the 2nd layer flooring before they come on Saturday. We demolished beautiful brown flooring. It could of stayed there. Then they said lay out your gray wood in the hallway where the carpet go up to before we come back on Tuesday. I rushed to do it on Monday. I was so sore. Sore for nothing, I could of layed out 1 panel per day and they still wouldn't be there before I finish. Like I said, this feeling of frustration, let down, disappointment, is not worth it. I regret calling empire, but I don't regret the designer lady and the 1st 3 rooms install. Its the customer service. Like just finish the last room. just a square left...

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jun 04, 2018

Dear Customer,
    We apologize for your experience, and assure you that we take matters like these seriously. We'll be further reviewing your concerns and will be in touch with you soon.
    Thank you.