[Resolved] Empire Flooring / high quote

Holly Springs, United States Review updated:

After remodeling our old farm house, I got a quote from Home Depot for carpet in two bedrooms. I called Empire for a quote and was so surprised to get an extremely high quote for a cheaper carpet. When I showed the salesman my carpet sample from Home Depot and their quote, he went back to his car and showed me a better quality carpet sample and said he would lower the price to match Home Depot.with his "family discount". I asked where were the 2 free rooms they advertised and got stupid answers like-We do better work, and we can come tomorrow and you have to wait 3-4 weeks for Home Depot. When I told him I wanted to think about it and let him know later, he continued to pressure me to pay a deposit. I asked if I could cancel and he said yes, and it was in writing.
So I paid him a deposit of $50 to get rid of him. When he left I immediately called the number to cancel and complained about his sales tactics and the high price. The next day a representative called to offer a better price. I had already called Home Depot and they had the carpet in 5 days and came the following day to install. BEWARE, they are scammers and the salesman only has his commission in mind when giving a quote!

• Resolution statement

• Company Response's Response, Jun 15, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at [protected]@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Apr 29, 2014

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention, Emmie. We never want our customers to feel pressured to purchase, and it’s disappointing that your sales appointment did not meet your expectations. Because we are a full-service company, our pricing is all inclusive and covers product costs, installation labor, and any additional requested services. We understand that you’ve already gone with another company, but we would still like to know more about the situation and address your concerns. If you’re still interested in speaking with us, please contact us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or [protected]@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager

Em
Apr 17, 2014

Comments

• Ms
      1st of Jun, 2009
    Empire flooring - screwed
    empire

cashed my check for 200.00(checked with bank). Then took balance out on my credit card, (checked with them, took the money there too.) promised to install today, 6/1/09. workers come out with only half the order written up. They did'nt even know they were to tear up a sub floor and ply wood. so they couldn't do the job. so here I sit with kitchen stuff in my living room! and I'm told they cancelled my order! What the _ _ _ _?