Empire Carpetsawful experience

I set up an appointment on-line through their website for an in-home quote. I had the ability to set up the time and day that I wanted them to come out to the house. It stated this is not your appointment time until you have been contacted to confirm. Soon after I received confirmation for the date and time via e-mail. It is like most service companies, a 2-4 hour threshold. I took of work to be home the time that they said they would be there and they never showed up. I never received a phone call or a follow up email as to why they did not show.

Comments

• Rg
      Apr 16, 2012
    Empire Carpets - Quality of Service
    Empire Carpets
    California

I ordered custom carpets with Empire. Even though they measured almost 70 Square feet more than other quotes, I decided to go with them. Since carpet was custom, they told me it will take sometime and promised to get this installed in two weeks. They started contacting me via phone and email to confirm the installation and also instructing me as to how to prepare home for carpet installation. We worked the entire weekend to prepare for the carpet installation. We packed everything and also lined up handyman to install new base board side-by-side the carpet installation. I had to take full day off from work as well to get the carpet installed.

The very morning they were supposed to come for the installation, I get a call from them that the carpet material has not arrived and it will take another week or two to get the material. We just couldn't believe our luck having to go through this ordeal. This not only costed us lot of effort of packing/unpacking over days, time off from work and several hundred dollars of handyman's time. They still couldn't give us a date. The only thing left was to cancel the order and asked for refund of advanced payment.

I don't know if they are liable to pay for all the lost time/effort, wages and contractor charges.

• Et
      Apr 17, 2012

Rakesh, we’re disappointed to hear of any inconvenience that occurred due to the delay in your installation. We know that your time is valuable and we understand your frustration. We’d like to make things right for you, and we will be contacting your soon to discuss the situation and work towards a resolution. If you have any questions, please email us at [protected]@empiretoday.com or call us at [protected] x4195. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager