Empire Carpet / Quality and Service

1 WA, United States Review updated:

Worst company I have ever dealt with! It has been four years and I am still having problems with them and our product. Everytime you call you get a different person in a different state. No one cares in the company! The guy who finally showed up, had no idea what he was doing, they had very little to choose from. When they came to install both our floors and carpet, the installers spoke no english and it made it very frustrating to get things done. They then installed both carpet and floors wrong and thus begun a year of trying to get them to come back out and fix it. They actually left huge staples sticking out of the floor for my daughter to cut her feet on. I cannot figure out for the life of me how these people are still in business. They over charged us also by about 2000.00!!! To say I hate Empire is an understatement! I am so happy to find this site to pass on this information. If it stops even one person from giving them there business, it is worth it!

Comments

• Di
      14th of Mar, 2009

I experienced the same. Over priced junk carpet and pad. Empire saleperson attempt to compare the junk carpet with big box store of the same.Well its far from the same. I had my pad replaced due to feeling lumps under the carpet. They use cheap recycled pad. It has hard lumps of plastic that are quit noticable when you walk on it bare foot. They replaced the main walk areas. However now every time I vaccum I get a canister full of grey dusty FIBER material obviously from the pad under the carpet.I dont have pets or childeren. Anyone who enters the house takes shoes off ot the entry way.Also they refused to give me a break down of the cost of the carpet, pad, and installation. They told me it was a package deal. I took a peek at an invoice the sales person had. They had everything broke down on the invoice. From removing the furnature to removing a toilet. Yet they denied me a copy of this service. They have little to choose from and used installers that speak little english. When I asked about the great price discount they said I was given the discount.Then attempted to show me the $$$avings. After doing some more reserch I found that I could have had the same product and job done for about 2500.00 less. Buyer beware. ASK FOR SAMPLES of carpet, pad, tile and underlayment products. Take it AND COMPARE. Word of salesperson means nothing. They are the middleman getting the overpayment. An then after they charged me over 8000.00 they had the nerve to call me and tell me there was a mistake in the billing and I owed then an additional 25.00. I told them to come out and pick up the over ordered supplies they said I could keep and subtract it from my bill. Lesson learned. If it sounds too good, keep walking.

• Co
      16th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Pv
      11th of May, 2009

This my complaint to you/Manager.

The contract to me was mispresentation, the guy sole the carpet to me two years ago, he failed to disclosure the fact that his business with me was a contracted with credit card service, which it will increase of finance charge, interests and other fees for each month.

Second of all, he failed to tell me that the contract is a credit card, which I will not accept the contract for the first place.

Third of all, I have been making payments in the amount of $50.00 for the last 6 months and if I continue making payments like this I will not able to pay off this debt. I was laid off from my job, which prevented me to pay off the deal and I am struggle...Need Help...

This is a BAD Company...

PV: Milwaukee, WI

• Ph
      9th of Jan, 2010

They wasted two hours of my time and then wouldn't give me the estimate as my mom was not present ( it was for a rental). I'm 50 years old, the general contractor on the job and quite capable of making the final decision, but nothing.
    Then they hooked me into their auto dialer to harass me with recorded messages. When I called to ask to be removed from their system, I was told it would take ten days. Bull.
    Never again, and because it's a slow saturday I'm going to find every complaint line I can and suggest good folks go somewhere else.