Empire Carpet / No call back

1 Ringwood, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 973-764-3655

My father (who is elderly) called empire today to carpet the whole house.Three bedrooms, Living room & den, stairs(13).I set up an apt for the sales rep to come & show samples.I had gotten other quotes from reputible carpet stores.When the rep came he was very professional (I thought)he bought many sampels & all was going well, until he started to write up the estimate & he forgot the small walkway going to the kitchen, and then proceeded to write another estimate for that small piece of carpet.3x4 feet.The estimate was$ 94.95.I couldn't believe he was charging me for his mistake, but after being there for almost 3 hours I agreed to pay for it.The rep quoted me a price of 3, 700.00.I said no it was way too much, he called his "Supervisor" & dickered the price down to 3, 500.I said no to that.Itold him that I picked the cheapest carpet how could it be that much, he then called his supervisor again& dickered it down to 3, 200.00.I agreed only because we were selling the house & needed it to be done the next day.I do believe this was a scam, you usually don't call your boss to check & see if you can take a lesser amt of money, if that is the true measurments & price.I feel cheated for my dad by this company & will never recomend them to anyone.I must say the installers were VERY nice & took there time with the installation.PS.We paid cash!!!Don't ever do that.!!!Hase makes WASTE>>>>>I have tried to call them & I get a message machine.This was done in March.09.I will keep trying if not I guess it's court time...!!!

Comments

• Co
      11th of May, 2009

Thank you for bringing your installation experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• So
      11th of May, 2009

They are trained to get you with the highest price possible, then if they see your not happy, they knock it down.
    The bigger the price, the more money they put in their pocket. I know someone who paid over $40.00 a square yard for a cheap polyester, not realize that s what it added to. I wish I could of warned them first. They are rip offs big time. And the foreigners they hire are hired before hard working Americans, and they get incentives and a tax break! Why? It's just not fair at all.