Empire Carpet / An Absolute NIGHTMARE

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I had an absolutely nightmarish experience with Empire installers in Pittsburgh. I had just spent a great deal of time and effort finishing the basement in my new home, and I ordered a plush blue carpet from Empire. The installers barely spoke English, but seemed to be polite and got straight to work.

A few days after the carpet was installed, my then-boyfriend (now DH) noticed a plastic Coke bottle filled with URINE sitting on the floor in the corner of the laundry room. There's no question that is was urine, and there was nobody else in the house to have done such a thing. It was somewhat concealed between the furnace and a step stool in the corner. I have never been so disgusted or appalled; if they couldn't ask to use our restroom, could they have at least had the decency to leave their pee bottle in their van??

I called the company that day, and was promised a $100 rebate on the carpet installation. I should have demanded that the same set of ###s who installed my carpet should be sent out to remove their own urine from my property. I shouldn't have been forced to dispose of biohazardous, potentially disease-harboring waste in my home!

I told them that I was disgusted by what I found, and then the "customer satisfaction" representative turned everything around on me - I was accused of making the whole story up since I didn't report it for three days after the installation. Sorry, but I don't examine my laundry room floor every day! How could I have even fabricated such a ridiculous story? I never did get that rebate. To this day, I am irate and disgusted that I had to dispose of some stranger's foul bodily fluids in my own home.

Despicable company, despicable people.

Mr

Comments

• Co
      11th of Feb, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused for you. Our customer care team is reviewing your concerns, and a team member will follow up with you directly within one business day to work toward a resolution.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• So
      11th of May, 2009

Thats sick!

• Mr
      9th of Oct, 2009

UPDATE:

Thought I'd drop by and see if anyone responded to my post.

Interesting, the comment by Empire. How is the Consumer Advocate Team going to follow up with me, since there's no identifying information in my post? They don't even know who I am!

Perhaps the Consumer Advocate Team should have left some contact information so I can call them .

Oh well.