Emirates / bad manners, con money

1 England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

Just hours ago my mom had a flight traveling from Birmingham airport to Dubai, the women on counter 81 had the worst manners ever. Impolite, grumpy face, demanding, and suspicious of racism, we walked to the counter she had a grumpy face no greeting or what so ever and demanded the passport "give the passport!!", asked some questions she keeps looking other direction and ignoring us (suspicious of racism), we put luggage on the scale she demand us pay the extras "over weight pay up!!", we forced to take out the gifts for relatives, at the end, we still 3 kilos over, okay we payed the 3 kilos extra, which was £16 per kilo, through out time at the counter the manners, and facial looks. we feel they treating us like dirt rather than passengers or customers, after the all bad time at counter when my mom got to the boarding gate she was force to pay over £100 for the hand luggage if not they will throw the luggage away, how heavy can a hand held luggage be? £100 is just stupid and why the women at the counter do not warn us at all about fines? guess she what that to happen. All bad manner and service, con money and racism. not boarding emirates ever.

Jo

Comments

• Su
      13th of Nov, 2008

I had travelled from Houston -Dubai - Bangalore on 11 /Nov/08 and to my surprise the checked in luggage was damaged. Sony SLR camera and camcorder missing. The laptop and top half of the luggage inside was soaked in water. All clothes were ransacked and discolored.

To top it all the wise b**** at Bengaluru Airport physically denied my right to lodge a complaint. She abused her junior and threatened them not to provide any support or officially acknowledge my baggage claim. She snatched and tore the piece of paper which her employee tried to hand over to me.

Fellow traveller (white guy) wondered whether they would have guts to behave similarly with a WHITE GUY!

I think its best to stick to BA / European Airline.

• Po
      30th of Jan, 2009

You are warned and told about your restrictions in regards to the weight of checked baggage which in economy on emirates is 20kg and 30 kg in business . Emirates is one of the most lenient of airlines when it comes to luggage and unfortunately if its over then you have to pay..this is not news and all airlines do this.

From ALL U.K airports and in europe especially hand luggage must be of a certain size and must not weigh MORE than 7kg..this is not to annoy customers this is because hatracks (overhead stowages ) are not designed to carry Huge amounts of weight..thats what the cargo hold is for...its is also there to prevent injury. In birmingham they are very strict and in check in area there are MANY signs indicating those restrictions.

The reason why your mother was stopped at the gate and her hand luggage is weighed is because customers tend to hide these little gems that weigh too much...so next time dont be sneaky, check it in and pay the extra.

As for racism ...would this have been the case of your comlaint if she had just been rude and sullen but you hadnt been charged...its so pathetic.